Coram Deo Academy is seeking an upper elementary school instructor for the 2021-2022 school year. Our mission is to “assist parents in their duty of biblically training their children by offering academic instruction that is distinctly and consistently Christ-centered and classical.” Teaching candidates should embody our Core Virtues of agape (intentional care), arete (purposeful excellence) and fortitudo (skillful courage). In addition, they should be equipped to fulfill our Essential Expectations and the specifics of their teaching role with enthusiasm and excellence.
Strong teaching candidates will also have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in elementary education or a related field from a liberal arts college
- Experience teaching in the classical Christian educational model
- A demonstrated understanding of children and an ability to relate to them well as an authority figure and mentor
- A heart for proactively partnering with parents in their God-given role of training their children in the discipline and nurture of the Lord
- A community-mindset for participating in the life of the academy and in fellowship with co-workers and families
Please send a resume and cover letter to the Principal, Jason Barney, email@example.com to express interest in candidating for this position.