The 5th, 6th Grade Math & 7th grade History Teacher is responsible for instructing students in 5th through 7th grades in the following courses by utilizing requisite content knowledge and classical pedagogy.
Tuesday/Thursday (all-day): 2 sections - 5th grade Math, 2 sections - 6th grade Math, and 2 sections of 7th grade History
Statement of Faith
Coram Deo Academy teachers are called to be models of what we desire for our students. They are committed to Christ, love learning, and strive to be wise thinkers and ethical servant-leaders. We see this priority of imitation expressed by the apostle Paul in Philippians 4:8-9, “Finally, brother, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me – practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.” Teachers are to embody both the Spirit of Christ and the spirit of enquiry. They should be saturated with the Word of God and be able to think biblically. They should exhibit proficiency in their academic disciplines and demonstrate a passion for learning by their own study and reading, participation in school improvement and professional development. They should seek to cultivate wisdom and virtue in their students through pursuing their own wisdom and virtue with humility and repentance.
- Demonstrate expertise and in-depth understanding of mathematics subject-matter
- Display Christian love, faith, truthfulness, and virtue in all facets of life and teaching
- Exhibit skill in training, instructing, and disciplining students in a manner that fosters spiritual growth
- Work to build the school community toward a love of Christ and one another
- Commit to Biblical peacemaking
- Teach students by utilizing Christian principles and classical philosophy and pedagogy
- Communicate regularly with administration and parents in a timely manner
- Post assignments and grades according to school policies and practices.
- Actively participate in faculty and district meetings
- Complete CDA’s Teacher Certification Program per policy and pursue additional continuing education requirements
Essential Job Functions:
- Create lesson plans using the principles from The Seven Laws of Teaching as a guide
- Maintain online grades in CDA Connect, per CDA policy
- Grade assignments and perform other administrative duties as needed
- Observe and evaluate student performance
- Manage student behavior in the classroom
- Prepare classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts
- Record and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with CDA parents using positive, proactive communication techniques
- Create a vibrant teaching atmosphere
- Understand and adhere to all CDA policies and procedures, as written in the Administrative Policy Handbook, Campus Protocol, etc.
In addition to the following, applicants must agree with CDA’s mission, vision, core values, and goals.
First-hand knowledge of Christian, classical, & collaborative educational model preferred
Exhibit the gifting and desire necessary to teach in assigned grade levels and courses
Basic to Intermediate computer skills needed (Word, Outlook, etc.)
Ability to learn and utilize online platforms for remote teaching via computer and personal wi-fi.
Coram Deo Academy hires individuals that profess the historic Christian faith. The Nicene Creed describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of employees of the Academy. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer and subscribe to this statement. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Coram Deo Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s mission and statement of faith.
Personal qualities required
- Utilize effective communication skills in collaboration with parents and staff
- Demonstrate patience and humility in stressful situations
- Exhibit good listening skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of child development particular to the assigned grade levels
- Possess strong planning and organizational skills.
- Prompt and timely attendance
- Appropriate modest attire and social media presence