Classical Academy academic programs are based on the belief that successful students become successful adults. Our core curriculum is specifically formulated to prepare students to succeed in college. This preparation includes crucial, fundamental, academic courses with a special emphasis on American civics, followed by more advanced courses. Our interest is in educating the whole person, instilling both knowledge and values that will serve both the student and our society in years to come. We wholeheartedly agree with President Theodore Roosevelt’s belief that an intellectual education without benefit of moral training creates a menace to our society. For this reason, our Classical Academies are committed to provide not only quality education but also training in character growth.
Education/Certification and Experience
• Must be Highly Qualified (HQ) with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from accredited College or University
• Must demonstrate content knowledge in the subject area(s)
• Current Arkansas Standard Teaching License (preferred)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
• Passion for students
• Able to maintain a classroom of approximately 25 students
• Ability and patience to work interactively with students
• Computer literate.
• Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Able to learn and implement teaching curriculum programs and instruct students on utilization.
• Ability to understand the individual needs of each student.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of students, parents, co-workers, and Campus Director.
• Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and student data such as diagnostic test results, state assessments scoring, and grade point average.
• Flexibility with changes, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Responsible for the Instructional and Program Management for all students assigned, including but not limited to, classroom instruction, after-school and Saturday tutorials.
• Administer and monitor Diagnostic Tests to determine a student’s performance level.
• Instruct and motivate students in all course study.
• Assign lessons and correct homework in a timely manner.
• Administer tests to evaluate student’s progress, records result, and issue reports to inform parents of progress.
• Maintain discipline in the classroom.
• Maintain a classroom that is conducive to learning, safe, attractive and stimulating.
• Set a good housekeeping example in the classroom and encourage students to follow this example.
• Communicate with parents and schedule periodic meetings, before or after school, to discuss student progress and problems.
• Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops.
• Inspire students with consistency, care, and interest to build self-esteem and promote continued success.
• Praise students, compliment them and encourage them in order to build character.
• Utilize a variety of learning methods to enhance the student learning experience.
• Prepare classroom instructions to promote student success on state assessment exams.
• Work closely with the Special Education teacher to ensure special education student modifications are being implemented.
• Perform related duties such as assisting students, and counseling students in adjustment and academic problems.
Other Responsibilities and Duties:
• Master the Responsive Education Solutions Curriculum System in order to assist the students in mastering the system.
• Read and comply with the ResponsiveEd Procedures Manual, Student Handbook, Student Code of Conduct, and the Employee Handbook.
• Perform special projects, during and after normal business hours, and other duties as assigned. NOTE: After normal business hours may include, but is not limited to, Saturday Mandatory State Tutorials.
All equipment required to perform jobs duties and task previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.