The Covenant School, an independent Christian Liberal Arts and Sciences school for pre-kindergarten through grade 12 located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is seeking to fill part-time positions for Hickory Campus Academic Coaches.
The Hickory Campus Academic Coaches are responsible for providing one-on-one support to students in grades 6 through 12 related to the strengthening of executive functioning skills and the acquisition of other academic skills and habits.
Successful applicants will have:
- A mature and thoughtful commitment to Christ;
- Thorough understanding of professional ethics and confidentiality;
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university;
- Prior experience in educational intervention and/or student support programs preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and time management;
- Strong information technology skills and an aptitude for problem-solving;
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently;
- A track record of follow-through and of consistently meeting deadlines;
- Attention to details and accuracy; and
- Experience with office-based computer software including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Drive/Mail/Scheduling (Experience with Blackbaud is a plus).
Desired behaviors include:
- Approaches work with initiative and acceptable parameters;
- Makes thoughtful and prayerful decisions without undue reliance on emotional responses;
- Prioritizes building relationships and impacting students, parents, and colleagues;
- Exhibits appropriate behavior and professionalism in all situations;
- Communicates clearly, sensitively, and persuasively when interacting with stakeholders;
- Proactively plans for situations and circumstances;
- Assumes responsibility and ownership of work; and
- Thoroughly supports the mission of The Covenant School.
Interested qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Cindy DeNome, Assistant to the Head of Upper School, at email@example.com.