Christian Heritage Academy, an independent, parent-governed Christian school (PreK-12) has an immediate opening for the Academic Dean position. The Academic Dean is responsible for providing leadership in the ongoing planning, development, evaluation, selection and implementation of curriculum, instructional programs and assessment to enhance student achievement and instructional excellence. The Academic Dean has a growing relationship with Christ, is excellent in his/her field, and capable of inspiring students to reach their God-given potential. He/She works closely with the Principal and President in planning, designing and providing curricular oversight and professional development to teachers.
Qualified candidates must submit both a resume and cover letter, being certain to include a personal statement regarding faith in Jesus Christ and explain biblical integration in a classroom teaching environment.
- A demonstrated commitment to the Christian faith as outlined in the Academy’s Statement of Faith and active participation in a local church congregation.
- A demonstrated heart for the advancement and development of Christian education and the Mission of Christian Heritage Academy.
- A Master’s degree or higher in Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in classroom teaching.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory role in curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Proficient knowledge of traditional. classical and homeschooling education models; experience in block scheduling preferred.
- Knowledge of current federal and state educational laws, and school board policies and requirements.
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality in all matters.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and strict deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a courteous and respectful attitude in all situations; desire and ability to work in a team-oriented environment in a collaborative, transparent and solution-driven fashion.
- Proficiency in Veracross, Google drive, Microsoft Office programs and other applicable software.
- Must have demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Spiritual leadership
- Educational administration
- Delegation and supervision
- Interpersonal relationships
- Verbal and written communications
- Public relations