POSITION PURPOSE / JOB SUMMARY
The Director of Academic Life & HS is responsible for helping SLO Classical Academy deepen and broaden its understanding, experience, and application of classical education (with a twist), guiding the community to more fully embody and pass along the power of this educational approach as we seek to “educate for life.”. The Director will also oversee building on and the thriving of SLOCA High School for the next 2-3 years of growth.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree in related area or equivalent experience; Advanced degree in related fieldt preferred
- 10+ years experience in education; 8+ years in classical education
- 4+ years in educational leadership
- supervisory, mentoring, professional development of direct reports
- guide the professional learning and development of educators
- grow and expand a portfolio of educational programs
- translate strategy into tactical plans and timelines
- set and manage departmental budgets
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Disseminate and model SLOCA’s mission, vision, and values.
- Contribute to a culture where all community members are valued and thrive.
- Oversee, build resources and processes to support families as partners educating classically
- Significant involvement in accreditation as it relates to all things education.
- Serve as the High School Director - charged with growing a thriving program; oversee family, teacher and student care and success
- Contribute to school management and direction - strategy, planning, financial stewardship
Staff Support and Growth
- Engage with program directors and lead teachers to oversee teacher support, development and on-going training for all levels - Early Education, Lower School, High School
- Ensure SLOCA’s preferred pedagogy and approach is successfully adopted by all educators through training, consistent evaluations and observations
- Support educator recruitment and retention
Classical Education Dissemination
- Grow our reputation as a classical institution - a beacon in the modern educational world.
- Supervise our core classical program to ensure all aspects remain in harmony with the mission of the school and education builds fluidly from preschool through high school.
- Teach/train/write on classical education for the community
- Discover and present powerful voices in classical education to inspire growth and innovation towards our mission
- Form alliances with other classical educators (associations, non-sectarian schools, etc).
$110 - 120k (commensurate with experience); health/dental/vision insurance; Paid Time Off and holidays; 401k match; tuition discount
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and a brief letter or video sharing why you are interested in this position at our school. Thank you for your interest in SLOCA!