Title: Administrative Assistant to Head of Upper School
Reports to: Head of Upper School
Duty Days: 12 Months
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Hours 7:30 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday (Some weekends may be required)
- Degreed and five (5) years’ experience in a related field preferred
- 2 yrs. experience in school-related work experience preferred
- Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, and Power Point)
- Ability to navigate Internet
- Proficient in general office management and procedures, possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills; verbal and written.
- Be self-motivated and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Be highly organized
- Must be able to lift a weight of 50 lbs.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Act as backup for receptionist and student care positions and assist registrar. Assist Administrators in handling routine and emergency office decisions.
- Screen calls, greet visitors, and respond to parent requests for school information for Head of School.
- Maintain confidentiality of files, records, and student information for Head of School.
- Assist with the organization and set-up of meetings and events during and after school
- Prepare and type correspondence and reports for Head of School.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for Head of School.
- Maintain a variety of computerized and manual records, files, and department databases for Head of School.
- Maintain Head of School’s personal Professional Development Files
- Perform record keeping and general clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, mailings, etc.)
- Responds to inquiries from a wide variety of internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among department and/or providing direction as may be required.
- Assist the District Testing Coordinator with STAAR and EOC.
- Attend meetings and trainings as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Assist the Head of School in staying current with TEA rules and regulations.
- Anticipate and schedule relevant trainings for Head of School.
- Order Curriculum through EMAT and other sources.
- Process curriculum by bar coding each item and organizing distribution.
- Maintain an inventory list for each teacher.
- Homeless liaison.
- Review progress reports and report cards every nine weeks.
- Craft mid-term and finals schedule.
- Process yearly awards, print certificates.
- Coordinate summer school students registration and follow up on completion
- Assist with hearing and vision screening.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head of School.
Aristoi Classical Academy is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or ability. This job description summary does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. This job description is subject to change in response to funding variables, emerging technologies, improved operating procedures, productivity factors, and unforeseen events.