The Afterschool Care Lead will be responsible for the operations of the afterschool care program, the Afterschool workers, monitor the learning center and facilitate the students learning progress.
Education/Certification, and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college
- Six months to one-year related experience or training (preferred)
- Experience working with school age children
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to work with children, love for children and learning
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for general supervision of the children.
- Responsible for supervision of afterschool workers
- Conduct group activities.
- Assist teacher in all areas of work.
- Assist students with academics and homework.
- Assist teachers in checking daily goals to ensure work is being completed.
- Ensure the safety and security of the children.
- Motivate students for maximum learning.
- Assist in maintaining discipline in the classroom.
- Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- nspire students with consistency, care, and interest to build students’ self-esteem, and promote further success.
- Praise students, compliment them and encourage them in order to build character.
- Utilize a variety of learning methods to enhance the students’ learning experience.
Read and comply with Procedures Manual, Employee Handbook, Student Handbook, and Student Code of Conduct.
Computer, copier, and audiovisual equipment
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.