Sager Classical Academy (SCA) is a shared-responsibility school offering classical, Christian education in Siloam Springs, AR. The teachers are the heart of our academy, bringing to life our curriculum, which centers on the true, good, and beautiful. Each classroom is intentionally small with no more than 12 students, so that teachers have the opportunity to create relationships in which they can all pursue wisdom together. The Art Teacher will be engaged in art programming with students about 9 hours per week.
All employees at SCA are expected to:
- Cultivate Christian culture in their classroom and relationships with families
- Engage in professional development opportunities
- Create experiential learning possibilities for students
- Invest in relationships with faculty, administrators, students and their families
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons and instructional activities
- Assess students' weaknesses, strengths, and excellencies according to learning goals
- Model moral and intellectual virtues
- Maintain consistent communication with parents and administrators
Qualifications and Skills:
Character and Disposition
- Service-oriented worker
- Enjoys learning and loves caring for children
- Desires professional development
- Dedicated to the mission and vision of Sager Classical Academy
- Professional communicator with parents, students, families, and guests
- Reliable, punctual, prepared
Experience and Education
- Undergraduate degree (minimum B.A. or B.S highly desired)
- Experience teaching lower and/or upper grammar children
- Previous experience in a classical Christian school as either a teacher or a student is preferred
Substitute Teachers, as needed (7:30 am-2:45 pm, Monday-Friday)
An appropriate combination of education and experience may substitute for candidates who have not completed their Bachelor’s degree.
Qualifications for Hiring (all positions):
Theological Criteria: Administrators, teachers, along with parents, students, and academy board members, are to confess and hold to Sager’s ten-point statement of faith and its mission statement. Likewise, the employee is to be a member in good standing at a local, Christian church approved by the school board and administration.
Academic Criteria: Applicant is to hold, be pursuing, or have an academic reputation equivalent to a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree in a relevant field of study from an approved college or university. The employee is to show a respectable capacity to work with colleagues, set and implement curricula, teach with order and decorum, and uphold both personally and professionally the principles of a classical Christian education.
Employment Application - PDF Download
To submit an online application please go here
Sager Classical Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or ethnic origin in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, financial policies, employment policies, and any other school-administered programs.