Job Title: Athletic Director
Job Type: Part-Time or Full-Time available
Reports to: Head of School and Assistant Head of School
The Cambridge School is a K-Prep through 12th grade classical Christian school located in beautiful San Diego, CA. Founded in 2006 for the purpose of providing a distinctly Christian education in the classical tradition, we are growing rapidly as we add a grade each year up to 12th. Cambridge is equipping its students to know, love, and practice that which is true, good, and beautiful and is preparing them to live purposefully and intelligently in service of God and neighbor. Get acquainted with us at www.cambridgeclassical.org.
We are seeking a proven leader who will oversee, develop and enhance our burgeoning K-12 athletic program which includes Physical Education to CIF division league sports. The successful candidate will possess a contagious passion for integrating athletics and education and will collaborate with other administrators to execute the mission of The Cambridge School effectively and seamlessly. He or she must have great attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and be a thoughtful, articulate, and experienced leader who will demonstrate the ability to lead a dynamic group of student athletes toward a common goal.
- Lead by activity and example: develop, organize, supervise and integrate the entire program of interscholastic athletics for the school.
- Manage the overall athletic office personnel activities, including the hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of the office and coaching staff to help them successfully meet their responsibilities.
- Ensure that all coaches are performing their duties at the very highest level of professionalism.
- Ensure that all coaching positions are filled with competent, mission-driven coaches who are properly trained in all organizational and philosophical aspects of the athletic program.
- Ensure that all coaches are in compliance with CIF regulations and school policy and have up-to-date FBI background checks and all required paperwork on file before coaches are allowed to coach.
- Maintain and propose revisions for the Athletic Handbook each year and set up appropriate meetings with the coaches to review the information and standards in detail.
- Ensure the health and safety of all students in the athletic program.
- Secure and work with the health professionals and training staff to support and ensure excellent health care for our students.
- Ensure the proper maintenance and security of all athletic equipment and athletic facilities, fields and courts, working in coordination with the Facilities Manager
- Prepare, submit, and administer a budget each year to fund the athletic programs of the school.
- Schedule all athletic games, meets and competitions, arrange for athletic transportation, and hire all game officials as necessary.
- Maintain records of team and individual athletic accomplishments and submit copies to the administration.
- Oversee the distribution, collection, cleaning, repair and storage of all athletic uniforms and equipment.
- Stay informed of new ideas, new concepts and changes in interscholastic athletics and make recommendations to the Administration for improvement of the athletic program.
- Work with the administration and parents in supporting the total co-curricular program such as the awards program, attendance at meetings, assistance in fundraising, and other activities between the school and other outside groups.
- Communicate proactively with administration, parents, students and other schools to ensure smooth logistics for the athletic program.
- Ensure school is compliant with NCAA requirements.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Head of School.
- A high level of integrity, warmth, confidence, a positive outlook, and a strong work ethic focused on achieving excellence. Ability to remain calm and collected under pressure.
- Ability to interact with a variety of personalities effectively and earn the respect of all the constituencies of the school community.
- Knowledge of how to effectively market and communicate the values and mission of the school both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work closely with administration, parents, faculty, Board members, coaches and volunteers. Detail oriented.
- 4+ years of athletic or other management experience required, preferably in higher education.
If you meet these qualifications and are looking for fulfilling work in a God-honoring environment, please send a letter of interest and your résumé to email@example.com.