Description: Oakdale Academy is a classical Christian school located in northern Oakland County. We are currently seeking a part-time athletic director to manage all aspects of the athletics program. Currently, Oakdale Academy offers boys’ soccer, basketball, wrestling (K-12), and golf; and girls’ volleyball, basketball (junior high), and soccer. Oakdale Academy is a member of the Michigan Association of Christian Schools (MACS).
- Upholding the Mission of Oakdale Academy.
- Scheduling games & officials when needed.
- Negotiating practice facility schedules and fees (as needed).
- Interviewing and hiring coaches.
- Working with parent volunteers for concessions and other aspects of volunteer opportunities.
- Administration over student eligibility, sports physicals, ordering uniforms, etc.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will:
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ and actively involved in a local church community;
- Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Have experience teaching a wide range of ages in a Christian educational setting;
- Have an understanding of classical education and how the classical Christian vision impacts the understanding of the human body, athletics, competition, and mankind as imago Dei;
- Be organized, prepared, and yet flexible in the spirit of true collegiality in an academic environment;
- Understand and agree to commitments outside of normal teaching hours (monthly staff meetings, admissions open houses, attendance at school-wide fundraising events, etc)
- Demonstrate a professional appearance and demeanor at all times;
Send resumes to: email@example.com