Job Title: Business Manager
Reports to: Head of School
Category: Full-Time, Exempt
The Business Manager fulfills the school’s Business Officer role and manages the operations of the school, including oversight of the Business Office, Facilities, Technology and Front Office. This position is responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business operations as well as setting strategic goals for the future of The Cambridge School. The Business Manager will manage the school’s financial operations by developing and implementing budgets, preparing reports for senior management, managing the school’s endowment alongside the Investment Committee, interacting with the Facilities and Finance Committees as requested, and ensuring that the school is in compliance with applicable financial and accounting standards and federal, state, and local laws and regulations. He/she will provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the school’s mission, vision and values. A successful candidate will be a hands-on, collaborative team player who will lead and manage the following areas: finance, investment funds, strategic planning and budgeting, human resources, facilities, front office administration and IT.
Essential Functions & Roles Responsibilities:
These essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic financial guidance of the School’s financial operations
- Financial reporting to the Senior Administration
- Budgeting process
- Maintains documented accounting procedures
- Upholds policies and ensures effective internal controls
- Oversee Accounting functions
- Oversee Procurement/Purchasing
- Administration of tuition assistance (financial aid) contracts
- Manager student billing system (FACTS software system)
- Responsible for outcome of annual financial statement review/audit.
Human Resources, IT and Facilities
- Oversee payroll process and benefits management
- Risk management, including programs and insurance policies
- Manage IT staff and 3rd party provider relationship
- Oversee Facilities staff, projects and outsourced vendors
- Manage vendor contracts and equipment lease agreements
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field required, higher degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in finance and accounting
- Previous experience as a business manager or relevant role
- Experience in private school finances and management a plus
- Fluency of fund account software and school financial programs such as QuickBooks and FACTS.
- Proficient in technology including Microsoft Office, Google Suite etc.
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of Classical Christian Education
- Willingness to continuously learn and adapt
- Resourceful, proactive, able to prioritize and navigate a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong project management and communication skills
High frequency of computer keyboarding, high frequency of viewing a computer monitor; should be able to sit for extended periods of time.
If you meet these qualifications and are looking for fulfilling work in a God-honoring environment, please send a letter of interest and your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the incumbent in this position or any person subsequently hired for this position. The Head of School reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time