Northwest Ohio Classical Academy (NOCA) seeks a full-time Business Manager. The Business Manager performs administrative work in the operational and business areas of the organization. This includes budget, financial management and reporting, compliance, purchasing, human relations, student records, grants, and all other non-academic operations of the school. He or she will work to ensure contractual, regulatory, and compliance requirements are met and will manage resources effectively. The business manager will report directly to the Headmaster (School Leader) and will carry out the Mission of the school.
- Assist the Headmaster, Finance Committee, and the Licensed Fiscal Officer with all aspects of financial management as a positive member of the administrative team.
- Maintain knowledge of all laws and changes in laws, regulations and rules applicable to school finances and Ohio Community Schools.
- Monitor and maintain school compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and rules.
- Supervise office personnel.
- Develop and implement HR systems, including hiring and onboarding of staff, benefits selection and management, payroll, records, and staff handbooks.
- Oversee all Sponsor compliance requirements, reviews, and state submission requirements.
- Responsible for all student enrollment records/files, Full Time Equivalent Reviews, EMIS, FLICS, and CCIP reporting and reconciliation.
- Responsible for management and compliance for various funding sources including those for Title, IDEA, ESSE.
- Serve as the central purchasing agent for the acquisition of equipment, materials, and supplies, using bidding procedures where required.
- Oversee and implement all facility planning and maintenance including bidding, accounting, reporting, and cost projections.
- Manage all unemployment reporting requirements and insurance for school and school employees.
- Lead in the search, development, and submission of grant proposals and other available options of funding.
- Ensure that safety standards are maintained in conformance with federal, state, and insurance regulations and that school-wide preventive safety programs are developed and implemented.
- Attend and participate in Board and Committee meetings as requested.
- Make recommendations to reduce expenses, find efficiencies, and improve the school.
- Other duties as assigned by the Headmaster.
- Value a rigorous liberal arts education.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related degree is required. MBA and/or CPA designations are a plus.
- Minimum of three (3) years of proven, professional experience with budgeting, computer information systems, and organizational procedures.
- Possess exceptional written and oral communication skills as well as computer systems skills.
- Possess excellent organization skills and an ability to coordinate multiple tasks and activities.
- Have demonstrated ethical behavior and ability to keep information about students and staff confidential in a school environment and community.
- Have a commitment to model moral character in line with the school’s core virtues and the pursuit of the Good, True, and Beautiful.
- Must pass necessary background checks.
All employees at Northwest Ohio Classical Academy will support the school’s Mission: to train the minds and improve the hearts of young people through a rigorous, content-rich classical curriculum in the liberal arts and sciences, one that produces thoughtful leaders and virtuous citizens. They have a strong background in their area of expertise, demonstrate high moral character, and embrace the virtues of a democratic society. Strong candidates will foster professional friendships with faculty and staff, seek collaborative relationships with parents, and embody the school’s organizational values.
About Northwest Ohio Classical Academy:
NOCA is Ohio’s first state-chartered, publicly-funded, independently-governed, tuition-free, classical school. It is part of the Barney Charter School Initiative of Hillsdale College, a network of classical charter schools united by curriculum and purpose. NOCA opened its doors in 2019, with 210 students in grades K-8, and has seen strong and steady growth. It offered grades K-10 to 420 students in the 2021-22 school year, serves approximately 500 students K-11 for 2022-23, and will add 12th grade next year. The school has aquired financing for a multi-million-dollar capital improvement and expansion project which began in January 2023. NOCA is a flourishing school with a passionate, dedicated faculty, staff, and families who value and enthusiastically support NOCA’s mission.
To apply, send a letter of interest, a statement of classical education mission, a resume, and a list of references, including a phone number and email for each, to Scott Henry, Headmaster, at SHenry@nocacademy.org.