At Founders Classical Academies we promote a two-thousand-year-old liberal arts and sciences tradition. Our school is classical, but it is also, in a manner of speaking, cutting edge. In fact, we promote the somewhat countercultural notion that students are made for, and should be educated for, much more than jobs and careers. We view students for who and what they are, dignified human beings endowed with natural rights and gifts. With this in mind, we have a tremendous responsibility to help parents cultivate students and their gifts so they can live good and happy lives in a state of liberty. This is the essence of a liberal arts education.
Assist in evaluating students who have been referred to the dyslexia program, provide instruction with the district’s dyslexia curriculum, and provide assistance to classroom teachers by helping them identify appropriate strategies for the delivery of regular classroom instruction to students with dyslexia.
Responsible for preparation of compliance documents for dyslexic students eligible for Section 504 Services. Provide assistance to classroom teachers in the implementation of identified accommodations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or an Appropriate Field from an Accredited College or University.
- Must be a Certified Academic Language Therapist (CALT)
- Texas Teacher Certification
- Special Education teaching experience in a Public School is (preferred)
- 2+ years of Dyslexia teaching experience in a Public School (preferred)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledgeable in development and implementation of lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district’s Dyslexia curriculum program and
- Working knowledge of the Texas Dyslexia Handbook
- Knowledge in the use of appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect an understanding of the learning styles and needs of students with dyslexia.
- Working knowledge of Section 504 laws as well as local policies and procedures
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as dyslexia therapist on campus
- Assist in evaluating students who have been referred to the dyslexia program and provide periodic evaluation of students served.
- Participate in campus RTI meetings and use data to make recommendations to the RTI committees in determining appropriate placement for referred students.
- Conduct Section 504 meetings for students with dyslexia to determine appropriate classroom accommodations.
- Provide assistance to classroom teachers to identify appropriate strategies in the delivery of regular classroom instruction to identified students.
- Assists campus administrator with ensuring implementation of Section 504 accommodations
- Keep accurate and complete records for students served and submit as required.
- Act as the liaison to building personnel in interpreting educational policies, procedures, and guidelines concerning students in the dyslexia program.
- Communicate progress with parents (minimally) with report card grading periods
- Comply with district policies, as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality in the conduct of school business.
- Attends relevant professional development and training.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or other administrators that are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications for the position.
All equipment required to perform jobs duties and task previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.