Veritas School is a community of over 600 students and 90 faculty with a beautiful campus in Richmond's historic Northside. At Veritas, we believe that a good education plays the long game, and we seek to prepare students not only for college but for life. We offer a robust JK-12 classical education in a joyous and Christ-centered environment using a curriculum that is rooted in our belief that all areas of study provide opportunities to discern and emulate the True, the Good, and the Beautiful. Veritas School is fully accredited and has consistently won local Top Workplace awards for creating a culture where employees feel engaged, appreciated and fulfilled.
The Chief Business Officer provides strategic leadership to support the mission of the institution and will serve as the School's financial and operational leader The CBO is responsible for Veritas's business office, HR, building and grounds/maintenance, IT, and risk management. The Chief Business Officer reports to the Head of School.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversee financial and support operations and personnel. Direct reports include Facilities Manager, part-time Controller, IT Manager, and Business Office Manager
- Oversee the capital budget and facility master plan, including real estate and facility acquisition, management, and maintenance
- Manage key administrative and financial relationships, including financial institutions, legal counsel, neighborhood interests, tenant, landlord, vendors
- Manage the human resources functions of the school
The ideal candidate will be a financial and administrative professional with a collegial leadership style and a strong capacity for critical business thinking. Experience needed in budget planning, financial control, and presentation. The role will require a leader who is able to manage effectively in a highly collaborative organization and has a personal style that inspires confidence and respect. Ideal candidates should bring the following professional experiences and qualities:
- A deep Christian commitment
- Successful experience in managing the business functions of a complex organization.
- Experience managing human resources and administrative functions of an organization.
- A master's degree in finance, accounting or business with five or more years of experience in financial and business management, preferably with significant experience in schools or nonprofits.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational and communication skills.
- A personality and style that is grounded in partnering and collegiality.
- Unimpeachable integrity and high standards of excellence.
- Intellectual curiosity and nimbleness; an openness to ideas.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills tempered with flexibility and adaptability.
- The ability to delegate without losing touch; strong team-building skills.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.