Choir & Music Assistant (Part Time)
The Covenant School of Dallas, a classical, Christ-centered school, seeks a Choir & Music Assistant (Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric) for the 2019-2020 academic year. An ideal candidate will have a bachelor degree, teaching experience, a special love for middle and high school students, and the winsomeness and creativity to teach them. The candidate should be a mature Christian committed to lifetime learning and professional development, eager to nurture a similar spirit in his or her students.
Position Duties: (20-24 hours a week)
- Able to lead 7th and 8th grade choir classes by playing piano for large group and directing sectionals for small groups. (10 hours)
- Assist with warm-ups as needed in grammar school: critical listening for diction, intonation running sectionals with some conducting. (5 hours)
- Assist Choir Director with scheduling rehearsals, communication, ordering, and budget tracking; logging, copying, filing, test and record keeping for the choral classes including 5th grade,6th grade, 7th and 8th and Rhetoric.
- Maintain music library in access on computer and add into the computer new titles and assign library numbers. Assist in preparing music for distribution to classes (hole-punch, number, etc.) Take up music, put in numerical order and file after concerts. Bill students for replacement costs if they lose music. (5 hours/week)
- Assist with various aspects of production as needed. (As needed and agreed by both Director and Assistant)
- Able to chaperone trips and organize parent chaperone groups.