The Geneva School is looking for an experienced Choral Director with the ability to teach and develop a choral music program for students in the 3rd - 12th grade. This is a full-time position.
Qualified candidates will:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree with a major or minor in music education.
- Have experience teaching and developing choral music programs in a variety of school settings.
- Be eager to work with the grade-level teams to plan instruction and integrate music into the student experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate well with parents.
- Display a love for learning and a passion to cultivate that love in their students.
- Agree with the school's statement of faith, attend and be in good standing with a Christian church, and live a life of discipleship under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3+ years teaching choral music.
- Have experience teaching music in a Christian classical school.
- Have developed sacred music programs for church or school chapels.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and skill in implementing classical curriculum and pedagogy, and seek to grow in his or her understanding of this tradition in order to re-imagine and embody the richest practices of Christian, liberal arts education.