Veritas Classical Academy
Veritas Classical Academy in Marietta, OH, a private, Christian school, which offers the only Classical education in the Mid Ohio Valley, is in search of a full time teacher of Classical language for the 2022-2023 school year.
Classical languages, particularly Latin and Greek, are at the very heart of a Classical education, and our students begin what will hopefully become a lifelong love for Latin in first grade, and are offered the option to take Greek at the Rhetoric School level.
The ideal candidate for the position is a Classicist with a scholar’s soul and a teacher’s heart. One who will embrace our school’s motto: “taking young minds seriously.” One who will relish the opportunity of becoming part of a community,
Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate a hunger for knowledge among students and engage them to learn
- Encourage curiosity and continued improvement
- Help set goals for students and work with the class to help them attain these goals
- Keep an organized and orderly classroom that promotes creativity and learning
- Plan curriculum for the school year
- Create and prepare daily lesson plans for appropriate age and learning skill level, making adjustments when needed
- Set classroom rules and expectations
- Discipline students (according to school policy) when necessary
- Be active in the school community and events
- Participate in teaching training sessions and stay up to date with current teaching methods, practices and any new knowledge in your field
- Set up and lead teacher/parent student-assessment conferences
- Lead daily lesson plans
- Assign work by means of in-class worksheets, projects, homework, presentations, reports, etc.
- Assess performance by grading work and giving tests
- Keep track of grades in our online grading system.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Classics or a related field (Masters degree preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of both the Latin language and the cultural context of Roman civilization.
- Knowledge of Greek or another Classical language preferred.
Please submit inquiries concerning the position to firstname.lastname@example.org