COORDINATOR OF DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Part-time, Begins July 1, 2022
The purpose of this new role is to coordinate and oversee the requirements and opportunities given to us by the Ohio Department of Education and, to a much lesser degree, the U.S. Department of Education. This is part-time, up to 20 hours per week; July 1 – June 30. Much of the work can be accomplished from home with flexible hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following
• Stay current with the rules, guidelines, and opportunities of government programs that help fulfill our school’s mission.
• Oversee and Implement:
• All auxiliary fund expenditures. This includes completing orders for making purchases with these funds and working closely with the Westlake City Schools finance office.
• WCA’s role in government funded scholarships.
• State testing requirements for those on state scholarships
• Serve as coordinator of the Resident Educator Licensure Program for new teachers.
• Keep appropriate faculty and administrators abreast of any changes in ODE requirements for Pre-K, high school graduation, building safety, and other related guidelines.
• A follower of Jesus Christ and personal agreement with our Statement of Faith and lifestyle agreement
• Very detail oriented with ability to read/comprehend government guidelines
• Strong organizational and computer skills; good verbal and written skills
• Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and take initiative
• Friendly, conscientious, and professional demeanor; teachable spirit
• Personal enthusiasm, creativity, optimism, and sense of humor
As a PreK - 12 Classical and Christian school in suburban Cleveland, WCA is committed to quality instruction through the lens of a Biblical worldview in a nurturing environment. We use classical methodology that includes grammar, Latin, logic, rhetoric and daily instruction from God’s Word. WCA is a family-oriented community, united by the bond of being Christ followers who desire our children to grow in godly character with a zeal for learning. To learn more, explore our website at www.WestsideAcademy.org