Position: Custodial /Maintenance (Full-Time)
Reports to: Facilities Director
Duty Days: 12 Months
Employee Status: Exempt
Hours: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM (Flexible Full-Time)
- Performs a wide variety of custodial and maintenance duties to provide a clean, orderly and safe environment; and perform related work as required. Take ownership in buildings and grounds and envision campus improvement.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Work independently, be a self–starter, handle frequent interruptions
- Positive and professional attitude
- Hours: Flexible schedule due to evening events or activities at school.
- Experience: One year of custodial experience in a school setting is preferred.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor and clean up grounds upon arrival and throughout the day to maintain an excellent appearance, cleaning, and related activities such as removing debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas close to the buildings.
- Schedules, coordinates, directs, and performs routine and comprehensive custodial
maintenance of assigned facilities
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms and other facilities; orders and stocks facilities with paper
- Assist in the cafeteria during breakfast and lunch periods – set up tables, monitor/clear
tables/sweep/mop common areas.
- Reports and responds to emergency calls for custodial assistance
- Responds to service requests
- Coordinates resources and implements the set up and take down of furniture and equipment for campus and community events
- Maintains calendar of events
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools for the cleaning, waxing, and
general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, grounds, etc.
- Mow and edge grounds if needed
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use checking for unlocked doors and windows, report unauthorized occupants, turn off lights
- Performs various general maintenance and custodial duties such as installation and repair of fixtures in restrooms, classrooms, and offices.
- Maintains the inventory of building supplies and submits purchase orders to the Facilities
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies, and tools as needed
- Paint classrooms and equipment and assist in making minor plumbing repairs.
- Attend safety meetings and other related meetings as required
- Maintain playground areas/swing sets
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Aristoi Classical Academy is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or ability. This job description summary does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. This job description is subject to change in response to funding variables, emerging technologies, improved operating procedures, productivity factors, and unforeseen events.