DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
St. Peter's Classical School is a Classical Orthodox school in Southwest Fort Worth of just under 100 students Pre-K through 12th grade. As we seek to continue to grow, we are looking to hire a Director of Advancement to enhance and improve the admissions and enrollment processes as well as working to connect with the local community to find mission-oriented families to join the school. This is a new position and the hired candidate will have the opportunity to develop the role.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time Administration
REPORTS TO: Headmaster
START DATE: Spring 2023
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Advancement will serve as the primary point-of-contact for students and families interested in learning more about the school and for those who apply for admission. This includes working with the families before and during the application process. They will be responsible for helping develop the admissions and enrollment process in alignment with the school’s mission and identity. The Director of Advancement will also help in creating and executing recruiting plans.
This is a full-time, year-round position. Typically, the work week hours fluctuate, with hours occasionally approaching or even exceeding 30-40 per-week during the admission season and lower during the summer months. Some work can be done remotely.Essential Job Functions Admissions Records
- Maintain current and accurate records of submissions filed for each application
- Track and analyze admissions data (family ratings, student testing, etc.) to help with improvements in the admissions process
- Participate in updates to all admissions-related materials including application packets and web site pages.
- Work with the Headmaster to audit current admissions process
- Refine and grow application and admissions process including a plan for open campus, preview nights, due dates, application needs (documents, fees, etc.), tours, interviews, etc.
- Recruit, train, and oversee parent volunteers to help with the process, as needed.
- Communicate proactively with families through email, notes, phone calls and/or face-to-face meetings to apprise them of the status of the student’s application
- Schedule visits and interviews
- Ensure all admissions steps are followed, the families are prepared and given the necessary information in a timely manner
- Coordinate and oversee applicant testing with Academic Dean
- Develop an Admissions Committee and facilitate meetings
- Communicate Admissions decisions to applying families
- Manage all enrollment and re-enrollment through the FACTS system
- Help track and monitor enrollment and re-enrollment trends
- Lead the re-enrollment process for existing families
- Working with the Headmaster, help identify churches, pre-schools, and other organizations to connect with in finding mission-oriented families.
- Communicate with identified organizations to inform them of events and opportunities to get to know more about the school
- Speak to and meet with groups of prospective families, as needed
- A full and unreserved supporter of the School’s Statement of Faith
- A person who has strong interpersonal skills, with a genuine interest in working with people
- Knowledge of and experience with the philosophy of classical Christian education
- A holder of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Exhibit consistent Christian maturity (not required to be Orthodox)
- Demonstrate commitment to the well-being of others
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality in all matters relating to students, families and fellow employees
- Exercise wisdom, diplomacy and integrity while maintaining a high level of professionalism with all parties involved in the Admissions process
- Work effectively and graciously in a busy office setting subject to frequent interruptions
- Multi-task with the ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Take independent action where required and handle unique problems
Required Technical Abilities
- Proficient in MS Office suite and with email platforms
- Type at a speed necessary for successful job performance
Preferred Experience and Abilities
- Previous experience in admissions, communications or marketing
- Five years’ experience in private school setting
- Experience using social media and other marketing to raise awareness of a not-for-profit
- Experience with FACTS (used for Admissions record tracking, communications, etc.)
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.