The Covenant School, an independent Christian Liberal Arts and Sciences and college preparatory school for
grades Pre-K-12 located in Charlottesville, VA is looking for a full-time Director of Athletics. The position will
report to the Head of Upper School and is responsible for setting the vision, and overseeing the operation of
the Athletics Department.
- Lead by activity and example, to develop, organize, supervise, and evaluate the entire program of intramural, club, and interscholastic athletics for the Covenant School. Assumes responsibility for preparing the school’s interscholastic athletic schedule.
- Prepares, submits, and administers the school’s athletic budget developed in consultation with the Headmaster and CFO/COO; supervises all ticket sales and fund-raising events of the athletic program and assumes responsibility for the proper handling of funds.
- Supervises the coaching staff to ensure that proper practice schedules and safety procedures are maintained and conference rules are adhered to by all athletic teams.
- Represents the school at area and conference athletic association meetings.
- Coordinates (with the Assistant Athletic Director) to ensure that transportation, officials, support personnel, and facilities are properly provided; fosters good school-community relations by keeping the community aware of the athletic program.
- Assumes responsibility for the requisition of athletic supplies and equipment; oversees the maintenance of athletic facilities and equipment in conjunction with the Director of Facilities.
- Ensures that all coaching positions are filled with competent
- coaches who are properly trained in all organization and philosophical aspects of the Covenant Athletic program and who are in agreement with the vision and values of the Covenant School.
- Maintain copies of team and individual athletic accomplishments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head if the Upper School.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of related experience