Job Title: Director of Building Operations
Position Type: Non-Faculty, Exempt, Full-time 12 mo.
Reports to: Vice President for Finance & Operations
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Start Date: Immediately
Application: Accepted at https://www.tbcs.org/employment
The Bear Creek School is a classical Christian School for Preschool – 12th grade. We are a nondenominational, private, day school accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS) and AdvancED. Please see our website, www.tbcs.org, for additional information.
Director of Building Operations Job Summary
The director of building operations oversees the physical maintenance and operation of the entire school and its programs; including the supervision of food services and transportation.
Director of Building Operations Primary Responsibilities
- Supervise the careful maintenance and cleaning programs that keep the school’s appearance in exemplary condition
- Supervise and evaluate the work of building and ground crews
- Arrange, develop and manage specifications for all outside contractual work associated with the maintenance of the school facilities
- Work closely with volunteers on variety of events and programs to provide support with furniture, equipment and labor
- Supervise and assign duties to building operations staff
- Supervise the director of food services
- Supervise and direct all transportation needs for school activities including daily bus service, field trips and athletics
- Direct maintenance and certification of all school vehicles
- Develop, maintain, and report all required environmental, health, safety and maintenance standards as required by law; ensure compliance with all such regional, state and federal regulations and laws
Director of Building Operations Job Requirements
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
- Proven effectiveness in setting priorities and balancing resources
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Experience in leading teams of staff and volunteers
Director of Building Operations Critical Performance Competencies
- General knowledge of the use of maintenance tools and equipment, and the ability to train others with regards to the safe operation of tractors, mowers and all associated hand tools
- Positively support the school’s policies and practices
- Work collaboratively to demonstrate and uphold qualities of a professional organization
- Truthful, positive, and purposeful when communicating with others
- Able to use strong oral and written communication skills to transfer thoughts and express ideas
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with new, different or changing requirements
- Effective in handling multiple concurrent tasks
- Maintain confidentiality and security of information
- Hold self and others accountable to accomplish results
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and the ability to learn and work with the school’s integrated data-based software package as needed
- Adhere to biblical standards in all areas of conduct
The Bear Creek School is an equal opportunity employer and is required by law to perform background checks on selected qualified candidates. All employees of The Bear Creek School must agree to carry out their responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with The Bear Creek School’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Employee Handbook, and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with Biblical standards.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees and students.