We are seeking a proven leader who will oversee, develop and enhance our burgeoning K-12 performing arts program which includes music, drama, and dance provision in all curricular and extracurricular activities. The successful candidate will possess a contagious passion for integrating performing arts and education and will collaborate with other administrators to execute the mission of The Cambridge School effectively and seamlessly. The purpose of the position is to develop, implement, direct, monitor, evaluate, and promote school’s Performing Arts programs. He or she must have great attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and be a thoughtful, articulate, and experienced leader who will demonstrate the ability to represent the programs within the community.
- Oversee and run Grammar School performing arts productions
- Oversee and run Upper School Fall and Spring productions
- Develop long and short range plans/programs (i.e. identifying school-specific support needs; outlining visual and performing arts programs; integrating adopted curriculum)
- Monitor Visual Performing Arts services (i.e. evaluating programs and attendance, reviewing staff, overseeing equipment procurement, staffing etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that performance outcomes are achieved within budget and department objectives
- Design a broad curriculum in Performing Arts that meets the aims of the school and the needs of all students
- Demonstrate and inspire an enthusiastic and committed approach to teaching within the department
- Coordinate program components, support needs and materials (i.e. negotiating contracts with vendors, reserving space, etc.) for the purpose of meeting program guidelines
- Promote the Visual and Performing Arts program for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes and encouraging student development
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism in the accurate completion of the administrative needs of the department, meeting all deadlines
- Ensure that appropriate arrangements are made for examination entries and statutory requirements
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- 4+ years of performing arts management experience required, preferably in higher education.
- Vocal and piano proficiency is a must
- Knowledge of how to effectively market and communicate the values and mission of the school both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work closely with administration, parents, faculty, Board members and volunteers; detail oriented.
- A high level of integrity, warmth, confidence, a positive outlook, and a strong work ethic focused on achieving excellence. Ability to remain calm and collected under pressure.
- Ability to interact with a variety of personalities effectively and earn the respect of all the constituencies of the school community.
If you meet these qualifications and are looking for fulfilling work in a God-honoring environment, please send a letter of interest and your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.