The Covenant School of Dallas, a classical, Christ-centered school, seeks a Director of Safety and Security for the 2021-2022 academic year. The Director of Safety and Security is a key member of the senior leadership team.
The Director of Safety and Security is responsible for the security resources, policies and procedures that ensure the safety of Covenant students, employees, visitors, and physical campus. The Director monitors guests and visitor’s arrival and departures, security cameras, campus patrol, parking and schoolwide weather and security drills.
The candidate should be a mature Christian.
The ideal candidate qualifications:
- Minimum of ten years of increasing responsibility in security management, criminal justice or a related field
- Current or prior certification in CPR, AED and basic first aid.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels in the organization, local law enforcement, school guests and visitors.
- Ability to efficiently deal with multiple priorities, functions, and activities.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and database tracking software systems.
- Must have applicable state and local license/permit to carry a concealed weapon.
Physical Requirements and work environment:
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
- Works in both standard office conditions and climate and outside in varying weather conditions.
- Works in highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- Management the roles and schedules for contract labor and volunteers for the school and all events on campus.
- Evaluates, updates, and executes the school’s security and safety policies and procedures including but not limited to traffic control, campus patrol, parking and incident response, and documentation, and employee and volunteer background checks.
- Creates and manages the department’s budget and financial forecast.
- Coordinates student, employee and guest parking for normal workdays and all events held on campus.
- Designs, schedules and coordinates safety drills with academic administration and the operations staff.
- Serves as a liaison with other schools, public safety officials, law enforcement and other stakeholders in matters related to school safety and security.
- Assists in design of the security system as a part of new construction and works to enhance and maintain a comprehensive integrated security system.
- Coordinated emergency response team and provides suggestions for implementation to improve process.
- Training, drills and safety procedures for students, faculty and campus.
- Collaborates with school leadership regarding security and event management.
- Maintains and updates necessary crisis manual and materials.
- Creates, manages and assists with ad hoc duties and reporting as required.
If you are interested in this position, please download and complete the employment application form www.covenantdallas.com and email - along with your cover letter, resume, and copies of all related college transcripts to: email@example.com