Executive Director - Chesterton Academy of Our Lady of Guadalupe
About Chesterton Academy
Chesterton Academy is a pro-family, independent and joyfully Catholic high school offering an integrated, classical curriculum centered on the Incarnation of Jesus Christ. Focusing on the classics, the school develops complete thinkers who learn to draw on faith and reason for the purpose of building a culture of life.
The Executive Director and Headmaster lead the administrative team at Chesterton Academy. This model of school administration is one of equality and consensus with both specific and shared responsibilities.
The Headmaster is responsible for instructional leadership of the school, as well as hiring and supervision of faculty, the curriculum, and student life.
The Executive Director is responsible for the business aspects of the administration including budgeting and finances, human resources, fundraising, strategic planning, public relations, building facility, and is the key liaison to the Board of Directors.
These co-leaders share responsibilities for nurturing and maintaining the mission and traditions of the school and ensuring fidelity to the Magisterium. Both administrators are hired by- and report directly to- the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director embraces the mission of Chesterton Academy and the broader vision of launching a new era of education based on the Chesterton model. The Executive Director must possess strong leadership skills that inspire excellence and cooperation from all constituent groups and demonstrates: (1) positive convictions about Chesterton’s unique integrated curriculum and dedication to building a culture of life, (2) comprehensive working knowledge of school finance, operations, and budgeting, (3) the ability to create and promote a strong institutional advancement (fundraising) program, and (4) a commitment to continuing and enhancing strategic planning. Familiarity with public relations, marketing and communications, enrollment outreach, and the supervision of facilities will be valuable assets.
The Executive Director must be a practicing Roman Catholic, possess the minimum of a Master’s Degree in Administration or related field, and demonstrate a commitment to Catholic secondary education.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
1. Create and lead institutional advancement and fund-raising activities to meet and exceed fundraising goals.
2. Oversee business operations and administration including finances, human resources, facilities management, and public relations.
3. In collaboration with the Headmaster, faculty and staff, establish, maintain, and implement policies and programs which are designed to integrate the philosophy and mission of the Chesterton Schools model into daily operations.
4. Implement policies and directives of the Board of Directors.
5. Oversee and facilitate long-range planning and budget management.
6. Provide input and direction for the Board of Directors and plan and implement Board formation strategies.
7. Maintain, establish, and implement financial procedures and budgeting that provide information to the Board to enhance the growth and maintain the stability of Chesterton Academy of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
8. Provide public relations, marketing, and enrollment outreach activities that maintain positive communication with key constituents.
The Executive director maintains the following working relationships:
1. The Executive director reports directly to the Board of Directors.
2. The Executive director maintains a consultative, collaborative relationship with the Headmaster.
3. The Executive director maintains a supervisory relationship with selected operations staff.
Education: Masters degree in Administration or related field
Experience: Previous experience in administration; secondary school administrative experience preferred; familiarity with the mission of Chesterton Academy and the teachings of the Catholic Church; and working knowledge of institutional advancement.
The candidate must be a practicing Catholic and willing to take the Oath of Fidelity to the Magisterium.
Application Process and Deadline
Please submit a resume or curriculum vita, a portfolio of related work samples, and an educational/leadership philosophy statement via email to email@example.com by July 13th or until the position is filled.
Last Updated - June 17, 2021