The Facilities Manager Apprentice is a multi-skilled individual who will strive to take ownership of the beautification, functionality and safety of our expanding campus and who enjoys a variety of tasks in a collaborative and active learning environment. The employee will spend a year shadowing the current Facilities manager to receive extensive training to prepare to step into the Facilities Manager role. Facilities management includes receiving and triaging facilities requests; proactively addressing school safety issues; managing facilities support staff and vendors; maintaining inventory of school property such as chairs, tables, desks, and equipment; setup and breakdown of sound/AV for daily school events and special events; and being a possible point of contact for IT help of school employees.
• Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments
• Being the liaison between facilities support staff and vendors
• Managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
• Inspecting buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
• Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
• Control activities like parking space allocations, waste disposal, building security etc.
• Handle insurance plans and service contracts
• Help set up and take down for school events
• Management of the wireless thermostat system
• Proactively address school safety issues
• Taking inventory of tables, chairs, equipment and ordering more as needed
• Setup and breakdown of sound/AV for daily school events and special events
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3+ years’ experience in facilities management position
• Strong understanding of building control systems
• Able to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems
• Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time and project management skills.
• IT knowledge preferred, but not required