Jackson Hole Classical Academy seeks a Finance and Human Resources Manager
Jackson Hole Classical Academy seeks an experienced professional with a passion for building healthy organizations who will manage its Human Resource and Finance departments. As a school dedicated to Christian, classical liberal arts education, we seek a candidate who understands and is committed to further our mission. This position reports to our Director of Finance and Operations.
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process to ensure accurate financial information is available to the Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Perform accounting tasks within QuickBooks Online including payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Manage IRS 990 tax filings for a non-profit with an external CPA firm
- Oversee the Accounting and Procurement Coordinator
- Manage tuition payments, donations, and other receivables using Blackbaud’s Tuition Management & Raisers Edge
- Establish and maintain H.R. best practices and record keeping for employee files, onboarding and offboarding, and training
- Manage employee benefit plans including health insurance, retirement plans, and supplemental insurance
- Maintain and advise on all legal compliance including insurance, workers compensation, and other personnel training requirements
Ideal candidates for this position should be enthusiastic, versatile, detail-oriented, independent, and have the ability to:
- Interact with students, families, community members, and colleagues with humility and kindness
- Maintain and foster effective relationships with the parents and guardians of students, vendors, the Executive Team, and Board of Directors
- Deliver accurate, high-quality work in a timely manner
- Structure own workday, create and manage deadlines, and respond positively in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solve and think forward
- Communicate financial information to the Executive Team and Board
Minimum Qualifications for this Director Position
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Blackbaud’s software suite is recommended but not required
- 3-5 years experience running or managing an accounting department
JH Classical Academy’s mission is to “To cultivate within our students the wisdom and virtue necessary to discover and fulfill their God-given potential and contribute to a flourishing and free society.” The high expectations and specialized instruction provided to students are reflected in the opportunities for personal and professional growth afforded to faculty and staff, as well.
Seated in the heart of Jackson Hole, Wyoming, JH Classical Academy provides the rare opportunity to live at the gateway to both Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. Within the workplace, JH Classical Academy attracts innovative and passionate teachers and students who seek to renew American education via a return to Western classics and Christian heritage.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and Initial Inquiry: Staff form to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open for the 2022–23 school year.