- Denver, Colorado
- Target Hiring Date: March 1, 2023
- School Opening Date: August 2023
Reign Christian Academy (“Reign”) is a classical Christian private school that will open in August 2023 with a first-year enrollment of 100 students in grades K-5 as facilities space allows. Reign is being launched by Hope in Our City, a non-profit faith-based organization that serves families in central Denver. Hope in Our City’s founders, Jordan and Katie Fischer, are launching Reign so that families in the Ruby Hill neighborhood and surrounding areas have access to an excellent education that is Christ-centered and student-focused. By providing a diverse spectrum of families with access to a private education that is both affordable and well-resourced, Reign will ensure that students are prepared to pursue a future filled with education, employment, and lifelong opportunities. Reign partners with families understanding that they are their children’s primary teachers and caregivers. Being missionally minded, Reign accepts families of various faiths, while holding firm to our foundation upon the Bible.
We need an extraordinary leader to commit to the most urgent and exciting work of our time! Launching an outstanding school requires a principal who can inspire students, put excellence ahead of easy, and has project urgency about providing our scholars with college and career access. It requires an entrepreneurial, do-whatever-it-takes mindset and initiative to generate resources and develop solutions that serve faculty, staff, and students. Our principal will make organizational decisions, conduct difficult conversations, and build highly collaborative teams, all while shaping a vibrant school culture. The right candidate will nurture learning communities that are simultaneously academically rigorous, Christ-centered, and joyful. The principal will be convicted that his/her job is the most important one in Denver. Self-reflective, humble, and faith-filled, she or he will be open to feedback and committed to continuously improving. He or she will model such Christian virtues as grace, forgiveness, hope, service, reverence, and magnanimity.
Reign’s founders are seeking a Principal to serve in this consequential leadership role alongside the co-founders. The School Principal is a full-time employee, hired, supported, and evaluated by the founders Jordan and Katie Fischer. The Principal will be highly qualified and well prepared to lead the academic programs and cultural life of the school, including: performance management; student engagement, learning and achievement; curriculum and lesson planning; instructional delivery; formative and summative assessment; culture and behavior; and wraparound services and supports.
The hiring committee for this position expects that the Principal will bring knowledge and expertise in four primary domains: (1) school ethos and culture; (2) adult and student Christian faith formation; (3) classical liberal arts curriculum and instructional methods; and (4) effective practices of management, performance, and operations. At the same time, the hiring committee wants to be clear that other professionals will hold primary responsibility for finance, purchasing, operations, governance, legal compliance, facilities management, talent/HR, and other non-academic functions.
The following is an outline of the Principal’s primary responsibilities.
- Ensure that full-time, part-time, and temporary teachers, staff, chaperones, and supervisors are retained who are capable of delivering exemplary academic programs;
- Ensure that all community members provide a Christ-centered experience to students and families at all times;
- Provide exemplary leadership to all school community members to achieve outstanding performance in preparing each student for college and career;
- Demonstrate relentless commitment to improve students’ minds and lives in and out of school;
- Develop and communicate strategic school systems, culture, and vision – capacity to build and execute a plan to achieve that vision;
- Implement effective assessment systems and use data to inform decisions;
- Lead all aspects of curriculum development and assessment and ensure consistency within the school program and alignment with state and other rigorous standards.
Teacher Coaching & Evaluation
- Conduct daily teacher observations and provide real-time feedback to move the needle on student achievement;
- Oversee faculty and staff, including recruitment, evaluation, retention, and dismissal and hold primary responsibility for professional development, staff observations, curriculum development, staff communication, and program decisions;
- Lead faculty to ensure that all staff are providing well-managed and rigorous daily lessons, reasonable and effective daily homework, and regular and productive tutoring;
- Foster commitment among staff to the development and fulfillment of the school’s mission and objectives;
- Hold teachers accountable for meeting a high bar for student performance including requirements for special education accommodations and IEP modifications in partnership with the Special Education Coordinator;
- When necessary, make arrangements to ensure that a capable, well-prepared teacher is available to instruct and supervise students on-site at all times, even when it is necessary to step into classrooms to substitute teach, supervise students during passing periods, or monitor students before and after regular hours.
- Build a joyful and rigorous school culture;
- Ensure that students benefit from robust Christian faith formation;
- Foster consistency in academic and behavioral expectations;
- Collaborate with school staff to support students’ academic and socio-emotional development;
- Ensure that traditions and rituals that support the school’s college and career mission are built and maintained, grade by grade, year to year;
- Support staff to ensure the smooth administration and effectiveness of after school enrichment programs.
- Communicate regularly with families, ensuring they are kept involved with and held accountable for their children’s performance, and correspond about school policies, trips, and events;
- Respond to family concerns promptly and effectively.
- Passionate commitment to Reign’s mission and investment in our vision seeking to maximize educational and life opportunities for every student;
- Passionate dedication to improve the minds, characters, and lives of students both in and out of school;
- Entrepreneurial and mission focused initiative;
- Strong record of driving outstanding student results;
- Strong data analysis skills;
- Interest in and passion for supporting teacher growth;
- Ability to provide high level feedback via classroom observations;
- Grit, personal responsibility, and a commitment to continual professional growth;
- Strong communications skills with multiple stakeholders including teachers, students, families, and colleagues;
- Strong organizational skills, careful attention to detail and follow-through.
- Required Experience:
- At least 3 years of teaching experience;
- At least 1 year of experience as an instructional leader, Assistant Principal, Dean or equivalent leadership role at a high-performing urban public school;
- A Bachelor's degree;
- Experience at a high-performing Christian school is preferred.
Our people are what makes us Reign Christian Academy. We believe our compensation philosophy and benefits should reflect our values—equity, transparency, and clarity—to enhance our ability to attract and retain talent and reward their expertise. Our staff receive best-in-class training, coaching, and support to develop and operate mission-driven schools that provide a high-quality education to our students and families.
Compensation for this position: The starting compensation for this role is between $75,000 to $95,000. Starting pay will depend on various factors that may include but are not limited to professional experience, education, training, certifications, and work location. As the school expands, the Principal’s compensation will be increased to ensure competitiveness with K12 market norms and available financial means. Because we value staff tenure in each role, we do not currently cap salary ranges. Please note that ranges may differ for candidates who are considering relocating from other cities.
Benefits: We offer comprehensive, flexible, and competitive benefits that support the personal health, wellness, and finances of our staff and their families.
Reign believes in the importance of being an equal opportunity organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We hire devout Christians prepared to sign statements of faith that testify to their Christ-centered values. We are committed to building an exceptional team that can build deep, meaningful relationships with our students and their families. We ensure that individuals with disabilities receive all privileges and benefits associated with employment and are provided reasonable accommodations for the interview process and to perform core job functions.
To express interest and apply for this position, please email Katie Fischer at email@example.com