Front Office Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time, Monday through Friday, 7:30 – 4:00 PM
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Business Manager
The Cambridge School is a Junior Kindergarten through 12th grade Classical Christian school located in beautiful San Diego, CA. Founded in 2006 for the purpose of providing a distinctly Christian education in the classical tradition, Cambridge is equipping its students to know, love, and practice that which is true, good, and beautiful and is preparing our students to live purposefully and intelligently in service of God and neighbor. Get acquainted with us at www.cambridgeclassical.org.
This position provides clerical support for the Operations Team in the Front Office. Responsibilities include answering the telephone and greeting office visitors, word processing, duplicating and distributing information, and performing a variety of other administrative duties. Is the point of contact between the school and visitors. Working with the receptionist, the Front Office Assistant will manage the front office and maintain an atmosphere that ensures fluid communication between the school community, vendors, enrichment providers and guests.
- Greets and assists office visitors; uses the visitor screening program, Raptor
- Answers telephone calls; provides information to caller or routes to appropriate party, takes messages
- Manges the Front Office email account
- Coordinates pick up lists for after school student programs
- Collects and tracks purchases of school merchandise and used uniforms
- Receives, screens, sorts, date stamps and routes incoming mail and some outgoing mail
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned
- Has the ability to multitask, work well in a team environment, practice good judgment, always maintain professionalism, maintain confidentiality, and keep a thorough commitment to the Mission and Vision of The Cambridge School.
The successful candidate will be a proactive self-starter, accurate and organized with details, an excellent communicator, approachable and diligent. A high level of proficiency with Google Drive, Microsoft Office and office technology are a plus. A Bachelor’s degree is not required but preferred.
If you are interested in pursuing this unique opportunity, please send a letter of interest and your résumé or curriculum vitae to email@example.com.