Full-Time Humanities Teacher
Classes: English 9, European History, AP Rhetoric
Coram Deo Academy Statement of Faith
Coram Deo Academy hires individuals that profess the historic Christian faith. The Nicene Creed describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of employees of the Academy. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer and subscribe to this statement. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Coram Deo Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s statement of faith.
Performance duties include:
- Create a positive and vibrant learning environment for students.
- Meet course and district-wide performance goals.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Observe, evaluate, and assess student performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom.
- Prepare coursework materials in a timely manner.
- Record and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades in CDA Connect.
- Create and develop lesson plans in line with Coram Deo Academy's Curriculum.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with CDA parents, as co-teachers with you during the two days a week the students are at home
Personal qualities required
- Effectively communicate with parents and other professional colleagues.
Ability to maintain a positive and Christ-like attitude in stressful or pressure situations
- Possess good listening skills
- Utilize effective planning and organizational skills
- Practice Patience
• Insurance Benefits: Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical covered at 75% for employee only & 50% for employee plus dependents
• AIG/Valic Retirement – up to a 3% match by employer
• Life Insurance $30,000.00 – paid by employer
• CDA Employee Tuition Benefit: $12,000.00 or signature core tuition for two students (up to a $16,000.00 benefit)
• One-day Holidays: Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday
Compensation range is $47.000.00 to $51,000.00 dependent upon course-load, education and experience