- Covenant High School is a Christian, classical, and college preparatory high school in Tacoma, WA. Our mission is “to strive to deepen our students’ relationship with Jesus Christ and prepare them for fruitful and joyful service to God and man.” Our school was founded in 1992 as a ministry of Faith Presbyterian Church and is fully accredited by the Association for Christian Schools International (ACSI). We enroll approximately 90 to 100 students from a variety of churches throughout the South Sound. Our average class size is around 18 to 22 students. We aspire for our graduates to be expert communicators, seek truth, steward God’s creation, pursue their calling, serve others, love artistic beauty, and embrace Christian community. Our faculty have created a master teacher profile that identifies essential pedagogical, curricular, and professional characteristics that drives our professional development and growth.
- The science teacher at Covenant High School will teach classes in chemistry, biology, physical science, applied science and algebra II, while teaching occasional science elective classes. This enthusiastic person will attend our fall overnight retreat and collaborate with faculty and the principal to update curriculum mapping and pursue professional development on a regular basis. Our next science teacher will have a long-range vision for sciences at Covenant and will work with the principal to envision improvements and upgrades to our science lab and facilities.
- Teach a variety of science classes including Chemistry, Biology, and Physical Science from a distinctly Christian perspective.
- Teach one section of between three and twelve juniors in Algebra II.
- Invest in student’s lives by serving as an advisor to our house program during an extended lunch time on Thursdays.
- Collaborate with faculty and administration to continually improve curriculum maps.
- Contribute to the student life by participating in our annual school-wide fall retreat (three days and two overnights at a camp site with cabins)
- Team with the principal to develop a professional development plan to continuously improve at teaching.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Agrees with our statement of faith and eager to work in a Christian environment.
- S. degree in Biology or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Team-player who enjoys collaborating with co-workers.
- Three years of science teaching experience or more.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Christian Education.
- Enthusiastic about mentoring and investing in student’s lives.
- WA State teacher certificate preferred.
- Basic comprehension of Microsoft Office and adept at using online grading systems (Renweb).
- Salary is highly competitive with all private schools in the northwest and one of the highest Christian school salary schedules in the Northwest. Benefits include paid medical benefits with HSA contribution, generous 403b retirement matching program, Long Term Disability, and a dental reimbursement program. Additionally, we offer 50% tuition reduction for children of employees.