The Future Headmaster will assume duties and responsibilities similar to that of a traditional Headmaster. The F/HM will spend time observing home office and campus operations to better understand the logistical standards of running and maintaining a productive and efficient campus. The F/HM will also rotate through several campuses working as an Assistant Headmaster to familiarize themselves with school workflow, academic standards, and best practices. The F/HM will also be periodically assigned independent projects to support ongoing campus efforts of both an operational and academic nature.
- 5+ years of experience in supervising a staff of 10 or more; and
- 3-5+ years of K-12 teaching experience (Classical school teaching experience highly preferred); and
- 3-5+ years of experience as campus or district administrator, including managing budgets (Classical school leadership experience highly preferred)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Understanding of a K-12 classical curriculum and scope and sequence (preferred)
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A clear understanding of development of students and the classical approach (preferred)
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, teachers, the community, administrative staff, and Regional Directors or Superintendents
- Ability to communicate with all levels of students, their parents, teachers, the community, peers, administrative staff, superintendent, and home office staff
- Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and student data such as diagnostic test results, state assessments scoring, transcripts, and grade point averages
- Ability to speak in public on the particulars of classical education on a frequent basis
- Able to cast a vision for the future based on the school’s classical mission
- Able to fully explain classical education and the liberal arts
- Able to teach a middle school or high school course
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as a vital member of the Home Office Operations team by assisting in any number of assigned areas on an as needed basis.
- Travel to campuses to assist in various campus or community related activities supporting the campus leadership.
- Identify areas for efficiency improvement and act as the driving force for research and evaluation.
- Assist with directly supervising employees in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Assist in interviews, hires, and training of employees.
- Plans, assigns and directs work.
- Assists in appraising the performance of staff, rewards and disciplines employees according to the ResponsiveEd policies and procedures, and addresses and resolves complaints and problems.
- Promotes and encourage the success of every student by advocating, nurturing, and sustaining a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.
- Promotes and encourages the success of every student by ensuring management of the organization, operation, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Promotes and encourages the success of every student by collaborating with faculty and community members, responding to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
- Promotes and encourages the success of every student by acting with integrity fairness, and in an ethical manner.
- Promotes and encourages the success of every student by understanding, responding to, and influencing the political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context.
- Develops and evaluates educational program to ensure conformance to state and school board standards.
- Develops and coordinates educational programs through meetings with staff, review of teachers' activities, and issuance of directives.
All equipment required to perform jobs duties and tasks previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.