Christian Heritage Academy - Northfield, IL 60093
Christ-Centered * Academically Excellent * Life Transforming
Established in 1984, Christian Heritage Academy (CHA) was founded on the firm foundation of Jesus Christ. Our Mission Statement commends us to provide not only an "exemplary education" but to also equip children "to be lifetime followers of Jesus Christ." This is the impetus for all we do.
Ranked by Niche.com (the leading independent school review and analysis website)
#1 Christian High School in Illinois (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
#9 Best College Prep Private High Schoo in Illinois (2021)
#10 Private K-12 School in Illinois (2020, 2021)
Ideal candidates should hold a PEL with endorsement in General Music Education, preferably with 2-3 years of experience. The General Music Teacher provides comprehensive instruction in the musical elements of melody, harmony, rhythm, and form in different contexts, with increasing depth and breadth at each successive grade; creates consistent learning experiences which engage in singing, moving, listening, performing, composing/improvising, and reading/writing (literacy)music. Knowledge of Orff, Kodaly and recorder preferred.
- Follower of Jesus Christ, who seeks to live all of life under His Lordship.
- Spiritual maturity, with academic and leadership abilities that will enable him/her to teach all truth as God's truth.
- Demonstrated heart for the mission of Christian Heritage Academy and the advancement of Christian education.
- A Bachelor's degree in General Music Education from an accredited college or university
- Hold an Illinois Professional Educator License with a related endorsement.
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain a courteous and respectful attitude in all situations.
- The ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment in a supportive, transparent, and solution-driven fashion.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be willing to pursue ACSI certification.
Fulfill responsibilities outside of the classroom (such as concerts, instrumental performance opportunities, district music events and fine arts events) as they relate to the school music program.