There are two separate part time positions available, with a possibility of combining them for the right candidate.
- Head of logic grades (5th to 8th)
- Head of rhetoric grades (9th to 12th)
An excellent opportunity for an educator who values time and flexibility.
These are immediate openings, but will remain open until the right fit candidate(s) are identified.
Lake Pointe Academy is a missions-minded, evangelical protestant educational ministry which operates an independent Christian K/12 college prep academy. Since 2005, Lake Pointe has operated upon three intertwined components:
- Christ-centered focus.
- Integral parent involvement (University Model)
- Classical approach to education.
In the University Model, secondary students attend classes three days per week, with supporting, independent assignments completed at home on other days.
- Three days per week schedule, based upon the alternating day University Model School format.
- Supervise and support the academic program and related for the grade levels, including curriculum, teachers, and families
- Assisted by other staff members, supervise student success, contribution, and conduct
- Teach at least one class, for modeling and program understanding
The successful candidate:
- As ministers of the Gospel of Jesus, candidates must be able to articulate a salvation testimony, to agree with the academy's statement of faith, and to encourage biblical integration in teaching from a Protestant, inter denominational perspective.
- Have a heart for parents and families who want to be involved in classically educating and training their children
- Possess maturity, wisdom, and gravitas to lead, inspire, and support teachers and to work with students and families
- Be adaptable to the alternate day University Model schedule
Location Lake Wylie is near the SC/NC border, a suburb of both Charlotte, NC and Rock Hill, SC.
Each part time position pays $15,000 annually, plus any teaching courses ($3,000 per core course, annually)
- The 2018/19 academic year runs from Aug. 06 to May 20, with two one week breaks each semester and three weeks off at Christmas.
- For more detailed information, visit the academy web site under “employment”
- Email cover letter and resume to mailbox@LPA-SC.com