The Covenant School seeks a Grammar/Logic Music Teacher for the 2022-2023 academic year. An ideal candidate will have a bachelor degree in music, teaching experience, a special love for all levels of students, and the winsomeness and creativity to teach them. Moreover, all Covenant teachers serve as pastors (shepherds) of our students, advising them in their walk with Jesus Christ.
This position is for a full-time, ten-month employee (exempt). This position will report to the Director of Fine Arts.
- Bachelor of Music or Music Education
- Experience in teaching voice
- Experience with Orff and Kodaly methods
Duties and Responsibilities
Character: Exhibit the fruits of the Spirit, serving as a Christian role model both in and out of school. Set a good example for students, parents, and colleagues in speech, actions, attitude, judgment, dignity, and respect, while living in obedience to God’s Word. Seek to conform to Covenant’s Faculty Profile (below).
- Able to teach Explorers (Kindergarten), 1st, and 2nd grade music classes
- Able to assist with the teaching of 6th and 7th grade music classes
- Able to assist with the Rhetoric (high school) choir rehearsals
- Familiarity with Kodaly or Orff style pedagogy
- Experience or interest in classical education and traditional pedagogy.
- Assist with warm-ups as needed in the Grammar school by critically listening for diction and intonation; running sectionals, assisting, and some conducting of the 5th grade choir
- Provide an orderly teaching environment, consistently enforcing class rules and school policies and showing good stewardship of classroom materials.
- Communicate in a wise and effective manner with supervisors, colleagues, students, and parents.
To apply, click here.