Reports to: Grammar School Head & Classroom Teacher
The Grammar School Aide provides support to a classroom teacher or teachers within their assigned grade level by taking direction from the teacher and seeking out opportunities to assist the teacher and students in daily activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support for the classroom teacher and students as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Track student progress data as directed by the classroom teacher and/or Head of Grammar School.
- Reinforce the lessons taught by the classroom teacher, including the integration of a biblical worldview, to assist students with classwork.
- Provide support for the classroom teacher when student discipline issues arise.
- Attend trainings/in-services/additional meetings as directed by the Head of the Grammar School.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form.
- Proven ability to quickly and efficiently identify problems and find solutions.
- Excellent relationship building skills in order to develop rapport with administration, faculty members, parents, and students.
- Discernment so as not to circulate confidential information inappropriately.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ year of experience in a related role
- CPR Certification
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Veritas Academy has a racially nondiscriminatory employment policy. Veritas Academy does not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin.