The Ecclesial School at Saint Alban's offers a rich learning atmosphere, vibrant Christian community, and classical liberal arts curriculum to children of diverse social and economic backgrounds. As the pilot campus of The Ecclesial Schools Initiative network, we are educating children from the heart of the Church for the life of families, communities, and ultimately the World. Classroom teachers bring this mission and vision to life each day in their teaching, through the relationships they build with students and their parents, and by working together as a faculty committed to professional growth.
We are seeking candidates for full-time classroom teaching positions in grades K-3, and full time assistant teacher positions in grades K-5.
If you love children, love the church, and have a passion for the classical liberal arts curriculum, we would love to have the chance to meet you! Please look over the details below and submit a resume and a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you would like to join the faculty of The Ecclesial School to our dean, Dr. Kevin W. Clark by email: email@example.com or via our website: esischools.org/careers.
Responsibilities and Duties
Teaching students using The Ecclesial Schools curriculum.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons and instructional activities.
- Coach, train, mentor students in the essential habits of intellectual and moral virtue
- Assess students' academic growth and progress toward educational goals
- Communicate with parents and school administration concerning student growth and progress,
Participating eagerly in the life of the school community
- Prepare for and participate in professional development activities.
- Attend school activities and programs as noted on the staff calendar
- Give generously of time in order to foster relationships with students
Communicating professionally and effectively
- Maintain regular and timely contact with parents
- Speak the truth in love to students, colleagues, and administrators
Qualifications and Skills
Character and Disposition
- Loves learning and loves children
- Actively engaged in the life the local Church
- Committed to professional growth on a collaborative faculty
- Passionate about classical/Christian liberal arts education
Experience and Education
- Experience teaching children in a grammar or elementary school (3-5 years preferred)
- Experience in cross-cultural communication
- Undergraduate education relevant to teaching in a grammar school (minimum B.A. or B.S.)