About Donum Dei Classical Academy
Donum Dei Classical Academy, a Gift of God, opened in August, 2019, in San Francisco, California. Our mission is to impart a rich Classical Christian curriculum full of Scriptural truth and life-giving experiences. We exist to nourish students’ hearts, souls, minds, and bodies for the purpose of growing in them knowledge, wisdom, good character, and Christ-like virtue worthy of bringing glory to our great God. As Donum Dei embraces our inaugural year, the leadership team has set the foundation for a rich intellectual and spiritual culture, with excellent teachers across disciplines who are dedicated to shaping the hearts and minds of the young. San Francisco is a dynamic, influential city; this is an opportunity for a pioneering teacher or graduate student who wants to help us establish and build our Academy on a solid foundation.
General Position Description
Donum Dei seeks an experienced lower Grammar School Teacher with the ability to teach an integrated, child-centered curriculum. Our 2nd grade teacher position is open due to a teacher leaving for medical reasons; we need to fill it immediately.
We have a seasoned co-teacher who has filled our afternoons and is serving in the areas of language arts (reading, spelling, grammar, writing, cursive, literature). With that, we can fill this position in one of three ways:
- Full-time 2nd grade teacher M-Th from 7:30am-5:00pm teaching all subjects.
- Full-time teacher M-TH from 7:30am-5:00pm - half time in 2nd and half time
teaching 1-2 Bridge at Donum Dei classes and developing our Logic and Rhetoric Schools for 2020 (select candidates with classical education experience in upper schools).
- Part-time 2nd grade co-teacher M-TH from 7:30am-12:30pm in the areas of Bible, History, Science, and Singapore Math.
● Devote yourself wholeheartedly to the Lord● Embrace the Academy’s Statement of Faith ● Commit to partner with parents as they raise up their children in the paideia of
● Exemplify a love for learning and a passion to cultivate that love in their students ● Instill virtue and character as you build relationships with students and families ● Take pride in edifying the body by fully exercising your role of teacher and your gift of teaching ● Teach integrated subjects passionately and excellently ● Bring to life God’s words through practical applications ● Engage with students, families, and our local community● Demonstrate the ability to communicate well with parents (orally and written)● Embrace lifelong learning and model that for children, parents, and Donum Dei’s
team ● Joyfully and diligently engage Donum Dei in community experiences, missions, and service events
● Be eager to work on a grade-level team to plan instruction and other student experiences such as plays, field trips, and simulations ● Demonstrate the ability to communicate well with parents● Display a love for learning and a passion to cultivate that love in their students ● Demonstrate an understanding of and skill in implementing classical curriculum and pedagogy, and seek to grow in his/her understanding of this tradition in order to re-imagine and embody the richest practices of Christian, liberal arts education ● Be capable of instilling in students the art of math, the art of language, and the love of story ● Display an in-depth understanding of child development ● Understand classical liberal arts education as it applies to Grammar School instruction ● Demonstrate the ability to communicate well with parents
Educational and Experience Requirements
● Bachelor’s degree
● Teaching experience or Master’s degree in subject area
● California Teaching Credential or pursue the ACCS Teacher Certification, Classical Educator Equivalent, or Master’s in Classical Education within two years
Employment Type (see above)
● Full time
● Part time
Visit our website at www.donumdei.org to ensure you align with our mission and
vision. A complete application includes a Donum Dei Application, a resume or CV, a one-page letter of interest, a one-page letter detailing your philosophy of education, reference letters, and copies of transcripts. Please submit your resume/CV and letter of interest via email to Mrs. Leah Naylor, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Donum Dei will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.