Veritas Classical Academy in Southern California is growing. We are seeking outstanding Grammar School Teachers for all primary grades for the 2022-2023 school year.
Teacher applicants must be committed to the historic Christian faith and display a desire to continually grow in their relationships with Jesus Christ. They must fully support and abide by the school’s Statement of Faith, possess a passion for and exhibit academic strength in their fields, demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning, and exude a love for children. Furthermore, applicants should have a background demonstrating a commitment to classical, Christian education either through college coursework, experience, or other discipline compatible with classical, Christian curriculum. Bachelor and/or graduate degrees as well as teaching experience are preferred for all positions.
The Grammar School Teacher provides instruction in an educational environment where students develop a love for God’s created order as they discover the truth, goodness and beauty of His world through methods consistent with the first stage of the classical approach to learning (trivium). An emphasis is placed on a biblical worldview in order to prepare these students for excellence. The goal of the teacher is to fill students with wonder about the world around them creating life-long learners who explore God’s world with diligence and perseverance.
Teaching Job Description:
- Conducts oneself with Christ-honoring character, professionalism, and humility
- Demonstrates a passion for classical education and excellence in teaching
- Instructs clearly and provides timely feedback
- Fosters a nurturing classroom culture of joyful learning and order
- Creates hands-on, interactive learning opportunities
- Serves as a positive role model for students, parents, and the community
- Supports, invests and assists in the development of the students in reaching their full potential: spiritually, academically and morally
- Assists in the creation, research, and improvement of curriculum to provide the best possible educational environment for all children regardless of their learning ability or learning style
- Communicates regularly and clearly with parents to assist them in their roles as spiritual and academic mentors
- Leads co-curricular activities such as putting on short skits or mini performances for chapel
- Creates weekly lesson plans and home assignments for families that include an outline of material covered in class and detailed instructions
- Reviews completed home assignments, assesses areas in need of improvement, and ensures that students are on track
- Completes and coordinates quarterly assessments as well as teacher parent conferences
- Attends school events including and not limited to parent training sessions, information sessions for potential families, and school socials
- Supervises children during snack/lunch, recess, drop-off and pick-up times
- Encourages children to become increasingly independent in their learning, becoming self-motivated and engaged life-long learners
This is an exempt, full-time, academic year position beginning August 1, 2022. In general, the workday is from 7:50 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., five days a week for ten months.
This position reports directly to the Headmaster.
Compensation commensurate to experience and qualifications. This is an annual contract position.
Pay: $40,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- teaching: 2 years (Preferred)