Grace Classical Christian Academy, located southwest of Ft. Worth in Granbury TX is looking for a Head of School. Our vision is to provide Christ-centered academics, teaching each student to love the Lord God with all of their heart, soul, mind and strength. Throughout the school day, we desire a culture that teaches students to love their neighbors as themselves. We are looking for a leader that will foster an environment of excellence tempered with both grace and love. The headmaster should lead by example & offer on-going staff development to equip faculty to teach in the classical Christian tradition.
The headmaster should have a studied understanding of Christian doctrine and know where they stand theologically, keeping Protestant “primary doctrine” central to the operational aspects of the school. We support the biblical hierarchy of: God, husband, wife, children. GCCA exists as a support to Christian families, while recognizing that parents are ultimately responsible for the education of their children.
We value relationships and want to support and counsel our families, as they navigate parenthood in a fallen world, acknowledging we are all sinners, leaning on the Bible and it’s teaching for direction and for solutions to sin. When discipline issues arise at school, the headmaster should be well-equipped to walk alongside the student, leading them to discover the “heart issue” that’s at the root of their sin or problem. They should then help guide the student towards a biblical resolution.
We desire to grow the school for the Glory of God, therefore innovative/ collaborative thinking with an open-mind would be an asset. While we desire to grow & appreciate an opportunity- rich education, we desire a leader that will keep ideas rightly ordered. In other words, we want leadership that is careful to protect the essentials of our vision when adding programs, not allowing extra-curricular activities to minimize or supersede the mission. As we do desire growth, the ideal candidate will be able to effectively communicate what we do at GCCA in a winsome manner when engaging parents and the community.
GCCA is currently PreK- 8th, growing one grade per year (Lord willing), anticipating our first graduating class in 2023. Experience in Upper School operations is desired.
Qualifications of the ideal candidate:
- A lifelong learner that finds joy in the education of children for Christ.
- Experience in classical education or have a liberal arts background.
- A graduate degree is not required if the candidate has relevant experience that qualifies them for the head of school position.
- Beyond Gal 5: 22-23, the candidate should be a mature Christian.
- a principled leader (leading staff, parents & students)
- equipped to counsel students when they sin so that they may grow in their Christian walk
- have a Christ-like balance of extending grace and truth to others
- manage his own “home” well
- maintains personal Bible study and application
- encourage faculty and staff to grow spiritually by his example
- We are looking for someone committed to both growing and guarding an excellent product (Christ-centered education).
- be able to effectively communicate the value of that product to parents and the community-at-large.
- should be visionary while pursuing goals, yet be able to remain flexible when facing challenges in the growth process
- A bonus would be for the head of school to love music and have vocal/ piano skills, to oversee our culture of worship through music throughout the school day (meaning outside of formal music classes).
For more information on this position, including the full scope of the headmaster description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org