Geneva Classical Christian Academy is a new start-up in Bellefontaine, OH that began classes in 2021 as a collaborative model school. We are expanding to a full 5-day-per-week school and are looking for a Headmaster who can lead the school in this initial phase and beyond.
The headmaster would report directly to and work closely with the Board of Directors to establish and maintain a distinctly classical and Christ-centered vision for the school.
- Work closely with the Board of directors to develop and implement short-term and long-term goals and strategies for the school.
- Supervise day-to-day operations of the school
- Recruit, manage, direct, and develop a team of school staff to perform their roles with joy and excellence
- Oversee professional development for self, faculty, and staff
- Manage all disciplinary matters involving students or faculty
- Serve as the spiritual leader of the school, be a model of godly character and conduct to students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Work with the board and teachers to evaluate, choose, and implement curriculum.
- Foster and facilitate a distinctly Christian and classical school culture
- Teach classes as necessary.
- Develop and implement a strategy for engagement in community and media relations, and build awareness for the school and its mission with local churches, businesses and Christian organizations.
- Facilitate the annual budget development and financial reporting requirements with the Board of Directors.
- Manage the admissions placement of new students.
- Manage the collection of tuition
- Manage vendor relationships (insurance, curriculum, accreditations, general supplies).
Qualifications and Characteristics:
The headmaster of Geneva Classical Christian Academy is someone who:
- Is a committed Christian with a deep love for God and a deep love for their neighbors.
- Has a love for children as demonstrated with their gift of teaching and ability to motivate students to learn.
- Models a humble, Christ-like, disciplined lifestyle, and thinks and lives under the authority of the Bible.
- Is a member in good standing of a Bible believing Church.
- Communicates and defends their faith in an intellectually coherent way.
- Has a commitment to the classical model of Christian Education.
- Can articulate a Classical Christian educational philosophy to faculty, staff, parents, students, and the community.
- Is Dedicated to shaping students’ affections toward that which is true, good, and beautiful.
- Has effective people skills, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Demonstrates an insatiable love for learning on a wide range of topics.
- Possesses classroom experience.
- Demonstrates competence and experience with current technology.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Can lead with vision and foresight
- Is a self-starter who leads well without a high-level of daily direction.
- Strong administrative and organization skills.