Stand Out from the Education Crowd!
We educate for life, understanding that education is not a means to an end, but a worthy end in and of itself.
SLOCA HS Teachers provide effective and engaging instruction consistent with the classical tradition and unique qualities of our school. Working together our teachers share the responsibilities of developing engaged and prepared learners, thinkers, and rhetoricians.
Is SLOCA The Right Fit For You?
We are a community committed to forging character, fostering wisdom, and nurturing a lifelong passion for learning. Highly desirable teachers at SLOCA are passionate about classical education and children, committed to personal and professional growth, effective and loyal team players, creative thinkers, and committed to the health and growth of our school. If you are interested in working in a place of deep meaning, collaboration and purpose, we may just be the perfect match! Get to know us by checking out our website to learn more.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide quality instruction and learning opportunities for students in a manner that meets the educational guidelines and objectives of SLOCA’s classical approach and provides a respectful learning environment for all students
- Prioritize Classical Methods and Principles including inquiry and Socratic discussion, hands-on, experiential learning opportunities; exposure to various scientific opinions in addition to accepted theory
- Share the responsibility to the prepare students to join the great conversation - think clearly and critically, express themselves well, engage in respectful dialogue, nurture the love of learning, engender respect for various cultures and beliefs (politics, religion, etc.)
- Develop curriculum and plan lessons
- Support parents in their role as co-teacher, helping students and families understand classical education
- Pursue professional development; fully engage in SLOCA learning opportunities
This Is Where You Will Come In!
If you desire to share your passion and inspire the love of math then you’ve met our most important criteria! If you confidently check off the following qualifications, then let’s talk.
- Except under unique circumstances, teaching credential and/or equivalent work experience required.
- Classically trained or educated is highly desirable.
- Education and/or 2 years experience in most of the following areas required: AlgebraI/II, Trig, Calculus, Statistics, Geometry, Computer Science
- Technology—proficient in Word, Pages, Excel, Google, etc.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit your resume along with a letter or brief video explaining your interest in this position.