Veritas Classical Academy, a K-12 Classical, Christian School in Southern California, is hiring full-time and part-time teachers. We are seeking engaging and talented Humanities and Math Teachers for grades 5-12 for the 2019-2020 school year. The mission of Veritas is to provide a distinctly Christian education using a classical model integrated with a Biblical worldview. A full-time teacher generally teaches six classes.
We have openings for the following classes:
Math 5 (5th grade), Math-grades 7/8, Algebra 1, Chemistry, Literature 7/8, Literature 9/10, and Rhetoric 9/10.
Ideal applicants are mature in their Christian faith, personally and professionally, and desire to continually grow in their relationships with Jesus Christ. They must fully support and abide by the school’s Statement of Faith, possess a passion for and exhibit academic strength in their fields, demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning, and exude a love for children. Furthermore, applicants should have a background demonstrating a commitment to classical, Christian education either through college coursework, experience, or other disciplines compatible with classical, Christian curriculum.
Bachelor and/or graduate degrees (Math, Humanities, History, Rhetoric, or English) as well as teaching experience are preferred for all positions.
Veritas teachers provide instruction in an educational environment where students develop a love for God’s created order as they discover the truth, goodness and beauty of His world. This discovery comes through developmentally appropriate instruction as students move through the stages of the trivium. An emphasis is placed on a biblical worldview in order to prepare these students for excellence. The goal of the teacher is to help students develop their critical reasoning skills and hone their writing and speaking skills in order to articulate truth to others around them.
Teaching Job Description:
- Conducts oneself with Christ-honoring character, professionalism, and humility
- Demonstrates a passion for classical education and excellence in teaching
- Shares a contagious passion for their subject areas with their students by conducting stimulating discussion-based lectures
- Instructs clearly and provides timely feedback
- Fosters a nurturing classroom culture of joyful learning and order
- Creates hands-on, interactive learning opportunities
- Serves as a positive role model for students, parents, and the community
- Supports, invests and assists in the development of the students in reaching their full potential spiritually, academically and morally
- Assists in the creation, research, and improvement of curriculum to provide the best possible educational environment for all children regardless of their learning ability or learning style
- Reviews completed home assignments, assesses areas in need of improvement, and ensures that students are on track
- Completes and coordinates quarterly assessments as well as teacher parent conferences
- Attends school events including and not limited to training sessions, information sessions for potential families, and school social events
- Supervises children during snack/lunch, recess, drop-off and pick-up times
- Encourages children to become increasingly independent in their learning, to become self-motivated and engaged life-long learners
The academic year begins in August, 2019 and ends in May, 2020. In general, the workday is from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Monday-Thursday and 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM on Fridays.
This position reports directly to the Headmaster.
Compensation commensurate to experience and qualifications. This is an annual contract position.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to HR@veritasclassicalacademy.com. In the cover letter, please state why you are interested in teaching at Veritas, the grades that you would like to teach, how your faith impacts your daily life, and your specific experience with the classical education model.