POSITION: Instructional Assistant
Seven Oaks is seeking instructional assistants (IAs) and is open to discussing both part-time and full-time roles. The goal of an IA is support designated classroom teachers. This support takes a variety of forms. Examples include helping students stay on task and assisting them with assigned work, assisting with grading, monitoring students (e.g., at lunch or recess), running copies.
Seven Oaks Classical School is a growing public charter school that opened in the fall of 2016 and now serves roughly 395 students in grades K-12. As a school, we offer a strong academic curriculum in a small school setting.
The following are required in order to serve as an Instructional Assistant.
- Possession of high school diploma or GED
- Completion of an employment application form, available at sevenoaksclassical.org/employment.
- Completion of an expanded criminal history background check.
- Completion of an in-service orientation and training for Instructional Assistants.
For details about employment, including substitute teaching, please see the school website: sevenoaksclassical.org/employment or call the school office at 812-935-5003.
- Helping manage a classroom in such a way as to create an atmosphere characterized by order, respect, wonder, and joy.
- Assisting in the cultivation of good habits among the students through explicit instruction and personal example.
- Supporting instruction and assessment under the direction of the classroom teacher.
- Performing clerical tasks as needed so that the teacher(s) can focus more on teaching.
- Complying with all relevant school policies and state and federal laws and regulations.