Christian Heritage Academy - Northfield, IL 60093
Christ-Centered * Academically Excellent * Life Transforming
ACSI Accredited Christian Heritage Academy is seeking an experienced, creative, and highly qualified Instrumental Band Teacher for grades 4-12 (part-time, .5 FTE) to join our growing school for the 2021-22 school year. CHA offers an exemplary education with a biblical worldview for preschool through high school and equips students to be lifetime followers of Jesus Christ. Our Living Curriculum Teachers have a growing relationship with Christ, are excellent in their field, and are capable of inspiring students to reach their God-given potential.
Visit our website for other job openings.
Ranked by Niche.com
#1 Christian High School in Illinois (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
#9 Best College Prep Private High School in Illinois (2021)
#10 Private K-12 School in Illinois (2020, 2021)
The Instrumental Band Teacher provides instruction to band and string students in sectionals and rehearsals and organizes/leads concerts and music-related events in cooperation with other music teachers. Ideal candidates should hold a PEL with music endorsement, and have demonstrated experience in teaching and conducting concert bands and orchestras, preferably in a school setting.
- Follower of Jesus Christ, who seeks to live all of life under His Lordship.
- Spiritual maturity, with academic and leadership abilities that will enable him/her to teach all truth as God's truth.
- Demonstrated heart for the mission of Christian Heritage Academy and the advancement of Christian education.
- A Bachelor's degree in Music Education from an accredited college or university
- Hold an Illinois Professional Educator License with a related endorsement.
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain a courteous and respectful attitude in all situations.
- The ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment in a supportive, transparent, and solution-driven fashion.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be willing to pursue ACSI certification.