Gloria Deo Academy seeks a Latin Teacher.
Gloria Deo Academy, an ACCS Member school, seeks a Latin teacher at a variety of levels ranging from 2nd to 8th grades. Ideal candidates will be skilled in the Latin language, familiar with classical Christian education, and be able to teach grammar and logic school Latin. The ability to teach in areas other than Latin is also welcomed.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Vibrant love for Christ and for children
- Commitment to the discipleship of students
- Effective classroom management skills
- Dedication to the craft of teaching through ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated mastery of Latin
- Ability to apply high engagement and age-appropriate instructional strategies
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues, students, and parents
Previous teaching in a classical Christian environment is preferred.
Gloria Deo Academy exists to provide a biblical classical education, developing the whole student—heart, mind, and strength—for the glory of God. We believe God has created every person for a great purpose. In order for each student to reach this calling, Gloria Deo Academy encourages a collaborative effort between the family and the school. This creates a community that cultivates learning and discipleship. At Gloria Deo Academy, we integrate faith with education to develop the child’s heart, mind, and strength.
Bulverde, Texas, in the Texas Hill Country, sits on the northern edge of the city of San Antonio. Gloria Deo's campus sits in a rural setting with old oaks surrounding the property. Yet, San Antonio is minutes away and is rich in history, abundant in outdoor recreation, and temperate in climate.
If you are interested in applying for the Latin Teacher position, please complete an online application at gda.academy/employment, including a resume and letters of reference.