Jackson Hole Classical Academy seeks a Lead Elementary Teacher
Jackson Hole Classical Academy seeks a full-time Lead Elementary Teacher to start immediately. Ideal candidates will have experience in teaching in the classical education environment at the elementary level and have the ability and experience to oversee curriculum in the Lower School (grades K-6).
An ideal Lead Teacher candidate will have the following skills, credentials, and expertise:
- Undergraduate degree; graduate degree preferred
- Multiple years experience teaching elementary in the classical educational model
- High degree of excellence in knowledge and implementation of classroom management techniques
- Warmth of disposition with children without sacrifice of boundary-setting
- Experience with Charlotte Mason’s approach to habit formation
- Experience with and working knowledge of Spalding Phonics
- Experience with and working knowledge of Singapore Math
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and the ability to self-delegate
- Superb communication and organizational skills
- Comfortability teaching teachers in a group setting
- A passion for classical education and Charlotte Mason principles
The curriculum at JH Classical Academy is in the classical liberal arts tradition. The Academy believes that each student is created in the image and likeness of God and that the pursuit of truth always begins with a sense of wonder. As educators, we seek “to cultivate within our students the wisdom and virtue necessary to discover and fulfill their God-given potential and contribute to a flourishing and free society.”
Jackson Hole, gateway to both Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park, offers unparalleled scenic beauty. Weekend and summer recreation opportunities abound. The attractiveness of Jackson makes housing difficult to find, so the Academy assists in that search.
If you would like to be considered for the Lead Teacher position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and Initial Inquiry: Faculty form to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open immediately for the 2021-2022 school year.