Christ Centered * Academically Excellent * Life Transforming
#1 Christian Hight School in Illinois (2018,2019,2020,2021)
#9 Best College Prep Private High School in Illinios (2021)
#10 Private K-12 School in Illinois (2020, 2021)
ACSI accredited Christian Heritage Academy is seeking a full-time Learning Resource Specialist to join our growing school for the 2021-22 school year. CHA offers an exemplary education with a biblical worldview for preschool through high school, and equips students to be lifetime followers of Jesus Christ. Our Living Curriculum Teachers have a growing relationship with Christ, are excellent in their field, and are capable of inspiring students to reach their God-given potential.
The primary function of the resource teacher is to serve students whose learning needs differ from or exceed what can be offered in a traditional classroom setting. The resource teacher/learning specialist will help in assessing and addressing the learning needs of students. In addition to providing small group or individual instruction as needed, the resource teacher will supplement or remediate classroom instruction. Additionally, the resource teacher consults with admissions, faculty, parents, and local school districts to determine the next steps and alternatives for meeting students' learning needs, to build into the student and foster the partnership between home and school and be responsible for writing up Student Service Plans for these students.
Qualified candidate should hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college, preferably with a major or concentration in special education and hold an Illinois Professional Educator License with an endorsement for Special Education (or hold an ISBE Learning Behavior Specialist I (LBSI) certificate. A minimum of one year experience serving students with learning needs is required. In addition to a vibrant and growing faith in Jesus Christ, qualified candidates should demonstrate a love for learning and for young children who learn differently with a commitment to integrate faith into an individualized curriculum.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, being certain to include a personal statement regarding your faith in Jesus Christ or go to www.christianheritage.org for more information.
- The teacher shall be one who has received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and who seeks to live all of life under His Lordship.
- He/she shall be a person of spiritual maturity with academic and leadership abilities that will enable him/her to teach all truth as God's truth.
- A demonstrated heart for the Mission of Christian Heritage Academy and the advancement and development of Christian education along with a clear understanding of biblical integration across all subject areas and a passion for implementing it in an educational setting.
- A Bachelor's degree in Education from an accredited college or university, preferably with a major or concentration in special education or related field.
- Hold a Professional Educator License with an endorsement for Special Education, Reading Specialist, or Learning Behavior Specialist.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in serving students with learning needs.
- An ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain a courteous and respectful attitude in all situations.
- The ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment in a supportive, transparent, and solution-driven fashion.
- Familiar with programs such as, but not exclusive to, AimsWeb, CBM's, Fontas and Pinnell, Dibels, etc.
- Proficiency in Google Drive and Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word).