Covenant Christian Academy is seeking a qualified secondary school professional for a full-time position as an Logic School (grades 7-8) Mathematics teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. Teaching responsibilities include two sections of Pre-Algebra (grade 7) and two sections of Algebra I (grade 8). Qualified applicants would also be considered for Department Chair status after a successful year of employment. Department Chair responsibilities include leading a department through a curriculum alignment project and monitoring both curriculum development and mathematics instruction.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, with preference given to candidates with a Master's degree, five or more years of classroom teaching experience, experience as a department chair and/or experience teaching in a Classical school. Any teaching experience with Illustrative Math curriculum and any relevant experience with Computer Science and/or Robotics should be also be noted in a candidate’s application.
Ideally, the applicant joins learning and faith in a natural way, communicates well with parents, embraces the classical model of liberal arts education, and loves helping all students reach high standards. A CCA teacher also commits to interacting with students outside of the classroom in co-curricular activities in order to nurture faith and character.
A full-time Upper School position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Plan and teach math courses as assigned
- Collaborate with other math and science teachers to assure vertical alignment, consistent grading standards, and to work on the newly adopted initiative for the advancement of math and science at CCA.
- Be available during set hours each week to work with students individually or in small groups for extra help.
- Be available for weekly Upper School faculty meetings.
- Serve as an advisor to a group of students in grades 7-8. This includes a weekly meeting with the whole group and a willingness to serve at an advocate for these students as needed.
- Attend a limited number of specified school events as representative of the CCA Upper School faculty, including Back to School Night, Admissions Events and other community events.
- Be willing to sign CCA’s Statement of Faith and Core Values. Must maintain the highest Christian virtue and personal decorum, serving as a Christian role model and mentor both in and out of school, to students, parents, fellow faculty members and employees in judgment, dignity, respect, and Christian living.
This position is full-time and qualifies for benefits associated with full time positions. Supplemental income from after-school programs and/or individual tutoring may be available.
Contract runs: late-August 2023 through June 2024; teaching is on a 10 month cycle.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, professional resume, personal statement of Christian faith, and philosophy of Christian education summary.